Private Stock Friday

Hope to get a glimpse of this soon .

2n3m0w.jpg

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more buckeye. Really cool stuff.

Over here one piece top private stocks are going for over 10K sterling, like this stunner, at Thoman if you can afford it

12689321_800.jpg

The rep told me that for solid bodies PRS are going to be doing a thinner one piece top sandwich above the normal maple cap to get more guitars out of the wider blanks they have in stock, and price will be a little softer (7-8K)

This was of course an April Fools, so I either caught 2 fish or 2 cottoned on

:)

still a gorgeous guitar though

That top is so crazy beautiful. It looks like a painting the the artist JMW Turner!

Thanks man, it’s a quite the unique top, so I’m very excited :D.

That.Is.Good.Wood.

Good wood indeed! I always love some good wood, all colors and figures. Uhhh, in guitars I mean :D.

Can we make it a twofer? I saw that top in person! That neck and fretboard are stupendous too.
IMG_0045.jpg

Of course we can, looks awesome! Can’t wait to see yours completed as well. I did change the fretboard to ebony for my build though.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more buckeye. Really cool stuff.

I love buckeye burl, but quite a few builders have told me it’s not too friendly to work with. From what I understand this the is one of the first few, but don’t quote be me on that. Brian looks like he snagged another fairly recently too. I’m quite anxious to see how this turns out, my most anticipated build so far!

Last edited:
psf149-1000-07-jpg.6215

"Oh, Dusty, do you love me?"

"Why yes, yes I do, ma’am.

Your sister is pretty hot, too."

Last edited:
Back