Private Stock Friday

It appears to be a solid piece of wood...facing the other way. So it's not an armcut, it's a ...uh... leg cut? Unless it's a lefty.
Negative ghostrider. Look at the heel contour facing away from the camera, the back of the neck, and a sliver of fret material on the edge of the neck facing toward the camera. That is an armcut. Employee guitar project? Protoype? I'd like to see more!

Negative ghostrider. Look at the heel contour facing away from the camera, the back of the neck, and a sliver of fret material on the edge of the neck facing toward the camera. That is an armcut. Employee guitar project? Protoype? I'd like to see more!
Oh, unholy carp, you're right! Maybe Jeff Kiesel was visiting? Aye keed, aye keed...(it's a bevel joke)

Totally missed the fret material.

Seems a little out of place for an armcut -- shouldn't it be farther towards the heel? Unless it's modeled after the Herman Li or similar -- where the taper is practically vertical when the guitar is held out parallel to the floor.

Last edited:
Oh, unholy carp, you're right! Maybe Jeff Kiesel was visiting? Aye keed, aye keed...(it's a bevel joke)

Totally missed the fret material.

Seems a little out of place for an armcut -- shouldn't it be farther towards the heel? Unless it's modeled after the Herman Li or similar -- where the taper is practically vertical when the guitar is held out parallel to the floor.

Kiesel, right. That's what I thought when I saw that, or an Iron Label Ibanez.

I also think I misjudged the picture. What I previously called a piece of fret material I believe is actually a side dot. Whoever has the job of creating new guitars in the PRS factory for whatever reason has it pretty damn good!

I am keeping an eagle eye out for any sign of my 594 Semi-Hollow in the oven! It should be fairly easy to spot, has a 1 piece quilt top in Citrus Glow, a Brown Microburst back, and a heel cap bird. :)

No F-Holes, BTW, so it won't LOOK like a Semi-Hollow...
I would've loved seeing your stealth SH 594, but alas, you got shut down. So did I. Here's to next week. I call out a Citrus Glow SH 594 vs. Iceberg Dragon's Breath SH DGT race to the forum finish! May the best Hunter win.

Kiesel, right. That's what I thought when I saw that, or an Iron Label Ibanez.

I also think I misjudged the picture. What I previously called a piece of fret material I believe is actually a side dot. Whoever has the job of creating new guitars in the PRS factory for whatever reason has it pretty damn good!
Well...that would still have a righty facing the camera...

WHAT MANNER OF SORCERY BE THIS??? ARMCUT BODY HEAVEN DEATHSPELL???? TELL ME MORE!!!! ( see left side....)

psf70-1000-10-jpg.4152

New version of the Tremonti prototype??

Damn fine installment, Hunter, thank you! Love how you opened with some spectacular necks -- love those green inlay birds on the right, as well as the red and the ones on the maple fretboard. I'm not sure I understand what's going on with this one -- sandwich a body wood between two maple caps, yet still solid body?
psf70-1000-16-jpg.4158

I believe this is the back of the Eagle, Dusty!

Back