Private Stock Angelus

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by MNG, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:41 PM.

1. MNG

MNG New Member

Anyone have any experience or views on these? PRS are not known for acoustics and I'm not sure how well they've been going down - you certainly don't see many here in the U.K.

I traded a couple of my guitars for a 594 recently and the store has a second hand Angelus in stock. I made the mistake of trying it and was amazed at how good it was. The guy who owns the store said it was the best sounding acoustic that he'd heard. I thought he was just trying to feed my interest but, when I tried it, it was just a beautiful instrument. It was so well balanced and rich sounding and now I keep thinking I need it - which I don't, of course.

I was nearly tempted, but I thought it looked a bit flashy for an acoustic at first, but it is growing on me now. Here's a link http://www.soundaffectspremier.com/...+listing+ads&gclid=CIDY1d3PuNECFVG6Gwodj4AMEw

Flash or beautiful, what do you think?

2. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

The private stock angelus are very good guitars, as you observed playing it. I've had a Tonare for several years and Angelus for a couple. Both are worth what I paid and stand up against other high end acoustics very well.

I think it looks really nice, not too flashy at all. Just good quality wood and workmanship.

MNG likes this.
  3. MNG

MNG New Member

Thanks. Maybe flash is the wrong word. It is beautiful and I guess I don't associate that with acoustics where my expectation is for something relatively plain.

Your other comments are not helping! :D

4. django49

django49 New Member

I never thought I would get something that high level, given how seldom I actually play an acoustic. But I found a Private Stock Cody Kilby and took the plunge. While I have no biz owning an acoustic that expensive, I am amazed every time I pick it up.

MNG likes this.
  5. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenf├╝hrer

I've never played one, but my guitar playing friend who plays a variety of qual guitars lusts after one.

6. RedGuitars

RedGuitars New Member

veinbuster and MNG like this.
  7. MNG

MNG New Member

Thanks Mike, that really helps a lot!! :rolleyes:

I'll be back up in the area of the store I mentioned next week and will probably have to pop in and have another look. Only trouble is, we all know where that's likely to lead! I spoke to the guy who owns the store and he said that they had sold a couple of Private Stock acoustics but that this one was outstanding by comparison. He said he may be able to knock a few quid off, which didn't help either. I'm sorely tempted yet also determined to resist. I should be able to resist, I'm a grown man for heavens sake!!

GAS is a serious infliction for which there seems to be no known cure.

RedGuitars likes this.
  8. pac90

pac90 New Member

I've bought from that shop, great service.....

9. MNG

MNG New Member

Yes, they are good. Tim, the owner, is a really nice guy.