Price and in-store date for the 408?

ExpatGirl

Hi guys,
Has anyone heard a definite price and/or in-store date for the 408?

Yeah please give us the scoop from EXP12 please!

I need this guitar!!!!......if it's not too expensive :p

Yes, please, I need to start planning which organ(s) I can live without / sell because I have come to the realization that my salvation will indeed depend on a 408 MT Solana Burst Quilt Stoptail Pattern Rosewood Neck with Gold Hardware!!!

Yes, please, I need to start planning which organ(s) I can live without / sell because I have come to the realization that my salvation will indeed depend on a 408 MT Solana Burst Quilt Stoptail Pattern Rosewood Neck with Gold Hardware!!!

That's funny, I need a 408 MT in Armando's Amethyst with a stoptail bridge, artist 10 quilt top, a pattern thin neck and nickel hardware. :) Amazing how we know exactly what we need.

I like the idea of a 408 Standard with a Pattern neck in white or frost blue metallic with Moons. Not sure re trem vs stoptail.

I like the idea of a 408 Standard with a Pattern neck in white or frost blue metallic with Moons. Not sure re trem vs stoptail.

The 408 Standard does intrigue me, but I would kick myself for years if I didn't get the 408 MT. They're just so pretty.

I'll take an educated guesstimate :

In store between Oct 1 and Oct 15th at the more boutique places.

Price....MAP between $3295 and $3495 for the more minimally appointed models.

Last edited:
I'll take an educated guesstimate :

In store between Oct 1 and Oct 15th at the more boutique places.

Price....MAP between $3295 and $3495 for the more minimally appointed models.

We should start a pool and see who's most accurate. :)

I started to post the MSRP and MAP prices for you but I checked first and saw that price discussions of any kind are forbiden by the forum rules. I don't want to get banned. I'm sure the official price list under the PRSguitars.com "Support" page will be updated soon with the MSRP info and your favorite dealer can give you MAP or "street" price.

I started to post the MSRP and MAP prices for you but I checked first and saw that price discussions of any kind are forbiden by the forum rules. I don't want to get banned. I'm sure the official price list under the PRSguitars.com "Support" page will be updated soon with the MSRP info and your favorite dealer can give you MAP or "street" price.

Yikes! Thanks Daniel, I wasn't aware that price discussions are forbidden under forum rules. I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

I'll ask that any discussion of this topic please stop. Thanks.

Well, we just don't talk about price, unless it's 'MSRP' as listed on PRS website. I also predict city mileage of 22mpg ;)

As far as availability dates - that is certainly cool to discuss.

Well, we just don't talk about price, unless it's 'MSRP' as listed on PRS website. I also predict city mileage of 22mpg ;)

As far as availability dates - that is certainly cool to discuss.

Thanks for the clarification. :) I have to admit I'd be a bit disappointed, I was hoping for at least 28 MPG.

I simply can't wait to get my hands on a 408MT. As I wrote in another thread, this guitar ticks all the boxes for me.

What the crap!? I thought it would be in the Custom 24 price range! Not in the Sig Lim range! I was under the impression that this was PRS' way of bringing the 408 pickups in a more affordable package?

Oh well. Guess I can scratch this dream :/

Don't panic - take a deep breath and compare the UK prices of other models. Import taxes and such.

I played a 408 in the amp demo room at experience and I really like it. Sorry for fueling the gas but it very nice sounding guitar.

Don't panic - take a deep breath and compare the UK prices of other models. Import taxes and such.

My sentiments exactly. Let's get the straight dope from PRS before we get concerned.

I played a 408 in the amp demo room at experience and I really like it. Sorry for fueling the gas but it very nice sounding guitar.

Did you play the MT or the Standard? I'm interested in hearing what you think of the difference in tone between the two if you got to play both.

Last edited:
I have a great idea. In a place where prices / dealers aren't supposed to be discussed.....and we just discussed that we weren't going to discuss that.....let's keep discussing it!!!

:confused:

Back