Pretty cool way to spend a grand!

I had a prototype satin Vela for a good while. It was just excellent. Only traded it because GAS is a powerful illness.

I see the one in the link has sold, unsurprisingly.

Glad it sold before I saw this! I'm on a "no new to me guitar restriction" due to the household CFO. She has a point, I did get 4 new to me PRSi in the first 5 months of this year (3 Cores and the SE Angelus). But still!!

Corporate restructuring time!

Did that once before and certainly improved my bottom line!

However, the CFO recently brought to my attention the need for a new range and she wants the dual oven, 6 burner, griddle in the center type in stainless and gas. Again, she has a point - "It's a facility and corporate investment!"

I'll check the ROI next quarter......

F@ck that. I just did that and more... Way less satisfying than buying guitars.

I agree.....however - I do like to eat and I'm too old to go back to the days of living off Ramen and cheap beer to fund guitars. Also, I am head baker and grill maestro (double decker chocolate fudge brownie cakes and steaks are my specialties around here!) so a new modern range would be very nice. Then there is also my love of bacon and the ability to get it just right.........mmmmm......bacon.....

However....that new guitar smell cant be beat!!!

I agree.....however - I do like to eat and I'm too old to go back to the days of living off Ramen and cheap beer to fund guitars. Also, I am head baker and grill maestro (double decker chocolate fudge brownie cakes and steaks are my specialties around here!) so a new modern range would be very nice. Then there is also my love of bacon and the ability to get it just right.........mmmmm......bacon.....

I'm with Sergio. Besides, you can do all that with a good grill, and a smoker.

I have a white modern range I could give you. I needed to buy a stainless steel one to match my undesigned new kitchen.

I'm trying to avoid plugging in a Vela so I don't want one. These aren't helping. Though if a reclaimed arises...

I'm trying to avoid plugging in a Vela so I don't want one. These aren't helping. Though if a reclaimed arises...
In all seriousness, just grab one, any one. It'll be completely different than anything else you have and it takes gain like a boss. Instant stage queen. Then if a Reclaimed comes available, grab it too. The used market isn't flush, but they exist.

Bacon-good! Double decker chocolate fudge brownie-good! Steak-good!

All here today and gone tomorrow, assuming some degree of regularity.

PRS- GREAT!!!! And, here forever. Game over. (One reason I'm on the thin side ;))

We have a gas range at home, similar to the one BMiller described, except just a single oven. My wife and I love using it compared to an electric range, and since we are both foodies who love to cook, and we cook together well without any conflict, it is a nice thing for us. We love to cook with wine, sometimes we even put it in the food! ;)

And because we get along so well, my wife doesn't mind the occasional (or more often than occasional) splurge on PRS guitars.

Similarly, I don't mind when she gets percussion instruments. She also doesn't mind when I buy her jewelry.

One must also note that I have even what I consider to be "more than enough" guitars - even if I want more for this feature or that! Whereas there is always a new recipe to explore at a relatively minor cost. Such as the blueberry reduction sauce over grilled lamb/steak/venison (depends on what I can find) that I am looking to make tomorrow night.

Back