Preamp Issue on Angellus Standard

kranch25

South side of El Dara....it's the baddest part of
New to the site, and new to the PRS a/e world. I bought a PRS Angelllus SE Standard about a month ago. Love the way it sounds and plays. Played two gigs with it plugged in, and it was awesome. I noticed the next day, the battery was dead. I put a new one in. No dice. Bought a couple of new batteries, and tried those. Same thing. Put battery in and hit the tuner button, and I get the red battery light, then just a blinking red light. No tuner, nothing when plugged in. Talked to the folks at Guitar Center where I bought it, and they said to bring it in. Figured I would post here and see if anyone had any tips or advice before I made the two hour drive to St Louis to let them check it out.
I love this guitar. Have had an Alvarez, a Tak, and a Taylor, and I like the sound of this as much or better than I did the Taylor. Hoping to get the issue straight so i can go back to using it in live gigs. Any info or advice is appreciated.

No advice on the issue, but glad you like the guitar compared to others out there.
I have one on order, should be shipping to my dealer very soon (I hope).

Got the run around from Guitar Center...told me they would have to send it off and replace it, could be a 6 week wait. Took it to a friend of mine who owns a local music store. He fixed it in a day, cost me 10 bucks. Apparently a wire "that tells the preamp that it is plugged in" was bad. Fixed it, works like a champ. Sounds great, plays perfectly after a little tweaking.

preamp issue also!

Got the run around from Guitar Center...told me they would have to send it off and replace it, could be a 6 week wait. Took it to a friend of mine who owns a local music store. He fixed it in a day, cost me 10 bucks. Apparently a wire "that tells the preamp that it is plugged in" was bad. Fixed it, works like a champ. Sounds great, plays perfectly after a little tweaking.

Hi do you remember which wire it was. I have the exact same problem!
Thanks John

Back