Practicing my parts for this album on Dottie

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Got all of the drum and bass tracks back from Jim Salamone so I am at work, during a slow spot, going over my parts. Adding some fills in some dead areas, and uncluttering some things were it feels a little busy based on what the rhythm tracks are providing. Should be back at Cambridge Sound Studios with Angela, Vincent, Brian and Chris SOON to get this The Angela Everwood Band album finished. We will keep you all posted.

275140336_10166184064515331_1832619557148525749_n_by_klbryanphotography_df11cda-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
They turned a small "Pool house" type thing into a music room at Angela and Vinny's house. First night practicing there. Definitely NOT a garage/shop environment. No cops were called.....so I suppose we didn't go overboard on the noise level. ;)

(Facebook link, so I am not sure how long it will last before it expires and disappears)
275392725_10166193234795331_9164005311244030957_n.jpg

That looks so fine Dankat! Very sweet you have the time and thought to work on the tunez offline. Do you load the bass and drum tracks on the Headrush and play back that way?

You've got a Pedalboard and the other guitar player has a...tuner?

Anyway, sweet gig you have there!

That looks so fine Dankat! Very sweet you have the time and thought to work on the tunez offline. Do you load the bass and drum tracks on the Headrush and play back that way?

You've got a Pedalboard and the other guitar player has a...tuner?

Anyway, sweet gig you have there!
I have all of the bass and drum tracks on mp3 from the studio. We have to go back in and layer the guitar and vocal and keyboard parts over it. But since those are done, the engineer gave them to us to practice over. Makes a big difference on timing.

I am playing through a Headrush pushing the front of a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. Chris plays through a Deluxe but he actually uses the channels on the amp itself for his clean, dirty, and extra dirty. People hate on Fender dirty channels, but it works well for him. And sounds like "him".

Back