Post a random fact about your music collection.

I still have all my albums that I started collecting when I was about 10 years old in apple crates in my home office. About 2000 of them. Went through them a couple weeks ago and pulled out any doubles and gave them to my 21 year old son to start his collection.

Another...I love finding old 8-tracks of stuff I like at yard sales (Floyd, Rush, Beatles...). Keep a small assortment displayed in my music room to mess with the youngsters.

Used to drive me nuts when it would interrupt a great song to change tracks...!!

Almost 40 years later, I'm still surprised when the guitar solo on "X-Ray Eyes" comes up on CD when I listen to Kiss's "Dynasty" because the 8-track changed programs during the solo.

Almost 40 years later, I'm still surprised when the guitar solo on "X-Ray Eyes" comes up on CD when I listen to Kiss's "Dynasty" because the 8-track changed programs during the solo.

I think it's safe to say...by you guys knowing this and the fact that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about makes us dudes of the "vintage variety"...;)

I "had" over a 1017 CD's I'd collected from around 1987-2011...I had them at my aunts house...for "safe keeping". Her neighbor of 27 years, had a son that had an appetite for intravenous drugs, B&E, prison and 1017 of my f@€#ing CD's!!!!!:mad:...He's supposed to be elligible for parole in 2020...he should probably stay in for as long as humanly possible...;).

Last edited:
When I sold my record collection in a rush (was moving to a location that would not have appropriate storage for 2,000 LP's), I forgot to remove my autographed albums. There was only two, Lou Reed's "Legendary Hearts" and Ian Hunter/Mick Ronson band live album "Welcome To The Club" (signed by both of them), but I sure wish I had remembered them when selling the collection. I did keep my white vinyl "White Album" by The Beatles (German pressing so not all that valuable, but still some cool vinyl), my still sealed copy of Peter Gabriel's "Passion", Love's "False Start" with Jimi Hendrix on one of the tracks and a few others. Oh well. Hope whoever found them realize what they have! I still have the memories of getting those autographs, and that is worth a lot more to me than an album jacket!

For years now I use a BOSE Wave radio as my alarm clock with a music CD set to play track number 6 when I'm supposed to wake up and have become familiar with a handful of the songs that follow track six, which is what I use as a snooze feature. If I got a good sleep, I'll use the remote to turn off the music at track six and get out of bed. But if I'm really tired, I know I can stay in bed until the end of a different track about 5 songs later. If I snooze off and wake up past that song, I know I'm in trouble and I have to h@ul@ss to get to work.

That CD is from the Paul Reed Smith Band and I use it because I really don't like that music at all and the lyrics are painfully stupid, but it is better than listening to an alarm going ARRRRRRR, ARRRRRRR, ARRRRRRR, ARRRRRRR. Track 6 is a song about getting on your Harley and riding, and the ending of the King & Queen song is the place where I MUST get out of bed immediately or else face the unbearable horrors of the tracks which follow.

Back in 1986 my mother found 2 cassette tapes laying around in the Sears parking lot after she got off work. She picked them up, brought them home and gave them to 11 year old me who didn't really listen to any music. Those cassettes were Van Halen II and Motley Crue - Theater of Pain and they changed my life forever. A week later I stopped spending my allowance at the arcade and instead spent my cash on buying cassettes tapes. Over following months I was constantly buying music and slowly started saving cash I made by shoveling snow in the winter and mowing neighbors lawns during the summer to get my first guitar. By the time CDs became the popular medium to buy music I'd collected over 700 cassettes.

Oh, DEFINITELY Earth Wind and Fire! They're great! Not much of a Bee Gees fan.

Already declaring that the funniest post of March. I thought I had some good ones last week in the Mayer thread, but this one for the win.

I hate the Bee Gees.
I have hated them since day one.
I have hated everything they have ever done.
(except some tracks from that dopey disco movie. Go figure...)
Some of them are dead and I don't care. I hate the dead ones too.
I hate them all with the burning intensity of a hundred thousand supernovas.
They are, always have been and always will be a festering boil on the skin of music.
A billion years from now the average overall quality of all the music ever composed and
performed throughout the entire universe will still be significantly lower than it would have been
had they never existed.
I hate them.

I hate the Bee Gees.
I have hated them since day one.
I have hated everything they have ever done.
(except some tracks from that dopey disco movie. Go figure...)
Some of them are dead and I don't care. I hate the dead ones too.
I hate them all with the burning intensity of a hundred thousand supernovas.
They are, always have been and always will be a festering boil on the skin of music.
A billion years from now the average overall quality of all the music ever composed and
performed throughout the entire universe will still be significantly lower than it would have been
had they never existed.
I hate them.

Back