Poor Ol’ McCarty Model

TerraRich

I have seen a ton of McCarty guitars being sold at low prices these last few months. I guess the 594s really impacted the demand of the McCarty.

They are great guitars.
The price is just the ebb and flow of love...and lust for the latest.
I wouldn’t be surprised for the price to drift back up sometime down the road.

The same thing happened with the SAS. I just sent my ‘99 SAS to the PTC for rework because I just couldn’t sell it for a reasonable price. I would love to get a 594, but with the SAS, an early McCarty, a McRosie, and a DGT all in the stable, I can’t really justify it without moving a few of them along, and I refuse to give them away at bargain basement prices...

The same thing happened with the SAS. I just sent my ‘99 SAS to the PTC for rework because I just couldn’t sell it for a reasonable price. I would love to get a 594, but with the SAS, an early McCarty, a McRosie, and a DGT all in the stable, I can’t really justify it without moving a few of them along, and I refuse to give them away at bargain basement prices...

Yeah! Somethings happened with the SAS market lately, I’ve seen more than a few for $1000. Good thing I need one of those too. :rolleyes:

Mine’s going to come back from the PTC with 53/10’s, a Fralin Blues Special in the middle, mini toggles, and a new adjustable bridge (it’s not a trem model). Should be a whole new axe and hopefully something special. I never did like the McCarty pups in that guitar...

Well on the flip side it also means supply of the McCarty will be scarce going forward.

So it could really be rich ol’ one day.

Especially (and this is BIG), when you consider that virtually all McCarty guitars have CITES pre-convention rosewood that can easily cross borders.

Last edited:
Back