Poll: How Many More PRS Guitars Do You Need?

Poll: How Many More PRS Guitars Do You Need?

• Total voters
Whaat?! Where is the news of this 26.5" 7-string SE run?

Wait, what?!?!?

You can contact The Axe Palace for details. They did the 7 string last year that was 25". Details are kinda public (Facebook) but they are waiting for official PRS wording to post on their website but you can put a deposits down now. They are doing 25 in burl whale blue and 25 burl emerald green. I am getting a green one.

You can contact The Axe Palace for details. They did the 7 string last year that was 25". Details are kinda public (Facebook) but they are waiting for official PRS wording to post on their website but you can put a deposits down now. They are doing 25 in burl whale blue and 25 burl emerald green. I am getting a green one.
Cool! I don't think it is totally public on their FB page, still within their Closed club group: so I have requested to join their FB Club for Limited Runs, etc, so I should get in on this shortly! If I remember later today, I will give them a call too.

current # of PRS guitars + 1 = correct number of PRS guitars

I've owned 3 PRS guitars, one at a time. Current (and permanent) is a PS SC594. There are a few possibilities in the back of my mind - a Reclaimed S2 Vela for slide work/alternate tunings (not tempting currently, with the price of used ones) and an as yet unnamed model with a glow burst (color undecided) because I just love glow bursts. (Also undecided between "glow" and "dragon's breath glow".)

I voted need/want because I could be done at this point, but I'm not stupid enough to declare that, because, well, you know why..... (let's start with "you don't sound like you're done")

I'm so happy with what I have right now that I can't imagine buying another guitar, ever!

I've also said that in the past, and later changed my mind. Because consistency is not my strong suit. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm not sure Axe Palace and I will ever do business again, which is too bad, because a 26.5" sounded interesting.

Depends on what your music life looks like. I recently decided to keep both my CE24 and CU P24 because I'm gonna start touring very soon, and having one guitar for that is just like, no. If I were just chillin' at my house, then one would suffice for me.

Yeah, I'm not sure Axe Palace and I will ever do business again, which is too bad, because a 26.5" sounded interesting.

Had a pretty bad experience with them as well. Ordered some BKPs a month and a half ago. Dude said they would arrive from 2 to 3 weeks... sure... Plus their customer service is petty non-existent. Had to email them a few times just to get an answer on the status of the BKPs. Still waiting.

I'm so happy with what I have right now that I can't imagine buying another guitar, ever!

I've also said that in the past, and later changed my mind. Because consistency is not my strong suit. :rolleyes:

I said that once. That was before I picked up my first PRS ...... they should come with a wealth warning!

Had a pretty bad experience with them as well. Ordered some BKPs a month and a half ago. Dude said they would arrive from 2 to 3 weeks... sure... Plus their customer service is petty non-existent. Had to email them a few times just to get an answer on the status of the BKPs. Still waiting.
Not that I necessarily want to drag out dirty laundry on them, but I was just about to pre-order one of those 26.5" scale SE 7-stringers.

Anything I/we should know? Feel free to take it to PM.

Not that I necessarily want to drag out dirty laundry on them, but I was just about to pre-order one of those 26.5" scale SE 7-stringers.

Anything I/we should know? Feel free to take it to PM.
I did ultimately get my guitar and a good one, so no, don't worry, you're probably fine, but yeah, he doesn't respond to emails well, so just try to stay on his good side and use the phone, I've heard he's pretty good about that, I just hate being on the phone, and am far too cheap to make long distance phone calls.

But definitely skip the pickup upgrade option, no matter how much he pressures you. He never came out and said it, but I get the impression that he fired one guy who was doing the pickup swaps in mid-run (he doesn't use his own people to do that). I don't blame him for that, I blame the guy he fired, but there was a lot of frustration in that area, so just stay away.

Last edited:
I did ultimately get my guitar and a good one, so no, don't worry, you're probably fine, but yeah, he doesn't respond to emails well, so just try to stay on his good side and use the phone, I've heard he's pretty good about that, I just hate being on the phone.

But definitely skip the pickup upgrade option, no matter how much he pressures you. He never came out and said it, but I get the impression that he fired one guy who was doing the pickups in mid-run (he doesn't use his own people to do that). I don't blame him for that, I blame the guy he fired, but there was a lot of frustration in that area, so just stay away.
OK, I put down a deposit on a Whale Blue Burl one. I didn't do any pickup (or other) upgrades, primarily because I want to give the 85/15S version a go. And I can do my own swap/upgrades later, if I want. I am completely aware that any timeline given right now is up in the air, so I can be patient. Would be nice if shipped by Christmas, though.

I get the impression that ordering Bare Knuckle Pickups is where they really fall down, customer communication-wise. Another reason to avoid the pickup swap, I suppose.

Not sure how any particular pickup brand would be more of a problem than any other.

85/15S in a 7-string?!?!? Or did you get a 6?

I bet the stain-on-burl is going to look awesome!

OK, I put down a deposit on a Whale Blue Burl one. I didn't do any pickup (or other) upgrades, primarily because I want to give the 85/15S version a go. And I can do my own swap/upgrades later, if I want. I am completely aware that any timeline given right now is up in the air, so I can be patient. Would be nice if shipped by Christmas, though.

I get the impression that ordering Bare Knuckle Pickups is where they really fall down, customer communication-wise. Another reason to avoid the pickup swap, I suppose.

That's got to be a shop issue. I've had only exceptional experiences dealing with BK directly. Reaching out and asking questions about what guitar I'm installing in, answering questions promptly, etc. Really great to,deal with.

You prompted me to check out their website, and then I found this CE, which looks phenomenal and might be the best value PRS out there:

http://axepalace.com/guitars/paul-reed-smith/in-stock/prs-ce24-nitro-charcoal.html#.Wb8ci62ZPXQ

Back