Played some SE McCarty 594s today

Aahzz, would you consider an S2 Thinline? Solid chunk of mahogany so no veneer to fret about, and the neck is certainly not "clubby." Maybe play one at your LGC & see if you like the feel and tones. Plenty of members here that think it's a great guitar. You should be able to find a used one somewhere.

Aahzz, would you consider an S2 Thinline? Solid chunk of mahogany so no veneer to fret about, and the neck is certainly not "clubby." Maybe play one at your LGC & see if you like the feel and tones. Plenty of members here that think it's a great guitar. You should be able to find a used one somewhere.
One cherry Smokeburst floating on reverb with 57/08s in it…great price

A used Vela is about the same price. Just sayin…

Call me a luddite , but I prefer at least 3/8" for a top on electrics. With the price of figured wood reaching obcsene levels it's a business choice to offer the look if not the substance. As far as necks go , I'm a firm believer of getting the neck to fit your hand ,IF the guitar is a keeper, a bit of light work with some 320 and a few coats of nitro and everday playing is better ... rolling the unbound edges is another comfort mod worthy of a little time.

Until you find that "holy grail " combination , guitars you can hot rod are the perfect place to find out what constitutes YOUR perfect instrument.

I would like to get one of my wide/fat necks close to my S2’s pattern/regular neck shape, but there is a width difference. I have talked about it many times in the past, and have done it a few times in the past on other guitars, but have not taken the plunge to take sand paper to it. Maybe I could at least get it to wide/thin territory.

There's no reason to dick around with any of this guitar madness when you can satisfy all of your musical needs by getting yourself an accordion.

Once you decide on how many buttons and keys you want, and the color, you're made in the shade. There's no angst. And no one cares about an accordion's tone - they all sound bad!

Have you ever seen accordion accessories to go down rabbit holes with in a store? Of course not! OK, maybe pads for the straps. But that's it! Even Sweetwater will sell you an accordion from their three pages of choices, but they don't have one single accordion accessory.

Think of the time you'll save.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen accordion accessories to go down rabbit holes with in a store? Of course not! OK, maybe pads for the straps. But that's it! Even Sweetwater will sell you an accordion from their three pages of choices, but they don't have one single accordion accessory.

Think of the time you'll save.

I was with you here until I discovered this MIDI enabled accordion. The description clearly states: "Supplied with power supply box, swell pedal, foot-switches, cables and accessory bag". Somewhere out there, there must be accordion accessories, or why include the bag?!?!?!?!

And at the risk of digressing into a different thread...does it come with a hard case? ;)

I was with you here until I discovered this MIDI enabled accordion. The description clearly states: "Supplied with power supply box, swell pedal, foot-switches, cables and accessory bag". Somewhere out there, there must be accordion accessories, or why include the bag?!?!?!?!

And at the risk of digressing into a different thread...does it come with a hard case? ;)

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! :oops:

I'm going to guess that the 'accessory bag' is the same thing most of us call an 'airsickness bag'. ;)

Back