Pickups.

That's what I had been told. 5310s.
Since they were out of a p22 then I think its safe to assume magnet has been flipped from factory?
I would have to pull mine out and check them but I do believe the pickups are magnetically out of phase with each other. You don't need to flip a magnet, just swap the wires when you install them, unless they are a two conductor pickup. I have never opened that guitar up to see how they are connected and how many wires they have. If they are only two wires you would have to take the cover off and flip the magnet. If you end up having to do that, I can measure mine to see what the orientations are on them compared to some of my other guitars.

I would have to pull mine out and check them but I do believe the pickups are magnetically out of phase with each other. You don't need to flip a magnet, just swap the wires when you install them, unless they are a two conductor pickup. I have never opened that guitar up to see how they are connected and how many wires they have. If they are only two wires you would have to take the cover off and flip the magnet. If you end up having to do that, I can measure mine to see what the orientations are on them compared to some of my other guitars.
No need for that. The seller sent me pics of the 04 these came out of. Obviously the 04 didn't come from factory with these pickups but his 04 did have rotary switch so that means they aren't 2 wire.

I can check polarity when they arrive.

Back