Pickups for PRS SE EG?

Only one I could find:

IMG_00008.jpg

Damn that's cool!

I confess I´m really confused. A guy replied me on my first thread about buying the guitar: "I think that an EG with a good Boss multiband equalizer would get you anything you wanted"

I wonder: Change pickups is mostly just a gain output and a frequency response? If so, should must consider first of all if stock pickups+multband eq could give me anything I want? Or that´s only partially true?
Regarding the "type of sound I want", it´s really imposible to focus on that, I like diferent tones, I liked the Texas sound, but always liked the vintage sound, it just depends on the type of song, and what the guitar will play on that song, so to cover all my wishes I should must have a buch of guitars (now understand why many guys have a buch of guitars).
I even liked the tone of the original stock ones, on this video, for example, in the first minutes, and the last minutes the guy play clean and soft, and I liked a lot how sweet it sounds,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MnKyGa8sMU

Of course that this sound is nothing at all similar to Texas or Vintage classic sound, but can have it all?
So I start again asking for your experiences:
- It´s posible to Eq and get diferent tones, but should it sound anyone authentic?
- If so, should be an improve a new balanced pickups+the multiband eq or maybe I´m ok with the stock ones?
- Or must just select one style and forget versatility and think that I should need a guitar per tone?
As you tell ,there are houndred of strat type pickups, and that´s my mainly problem.., maybe should I stay with stock ones? Or get a more quality balanced ones? Or just select one "style" and convince me I cannot get it all?
Thanks in advance for, all your replies, experiences and opinions help me.

My best advice is to live with the stock ones for a while. Maybe you like them just fine and save your money. Or maybe their shortcomings will become clear after a while and then you'll have an idea of which direction to go to "fix" it. If you change just for the sake of it, you will be more likely to be disappointed with the results.

You can get a very wide variety of sounds just using different overdrive pedals, boosters and/or EQ.

I'll also add to not place too much value on sound clips of pickups. There are so many variables in play, the pickups may not be represented accurately.

My best advice is to live with the stock ones for a while. Maybe you like them just fine and save your money. Or maybe their shortcomings will become clear after a while and then you'll have an idea of which direction to go to "fix" it. If you change just for the sake of it, you will be more likely to be disappointed with the results.

You can get a very wide variety of sounds just using different overdrive pedals, boosters and/or EQ.

I'll also add to not place too much value on sound clips of pickups. There are so many variables in play, the pickups may not be represented accurately.

I think you have reason, good advice. Maybe I'll have to look for any second hand individual pickup or trying to find a guy around or friend with some of the candidates.
Lindy Fralin hot vintage seems a good option to try for standard strato sound, maybe more veratile and equilibrated.
If you know any other candidates like this let me know.
Thanks very much.

I think you have reason, good advice. Maybe I'll have to look for any second hand individual pickup or trying to find a guy around or friend with some of the candidates.
Lindy Fralin hot vintage seems a good option to try for standard strato sound, maybe more veratile and equilibrated.
If you know any other candidates like this let me know.
Thanks very much.

I installed a set of Fralin Vintage Hot in a friend's Stratocaster. They sounded excellent. I would personally choose them over Texas Specials any day.

Lace sensors for sure, I have an SE EG with HSS ,if I were going to replace the pups would for sure want the Lace

Did you just tell him to put lipstick on a pEG?
rotflmao
It's an English joke I think.
We say...putting lipstick on a pig ...to describe dressing something-up or making it look better than it is.
We are not saying the EG isn't a great guitar. It's just a play on words...lipstick on a p-EG
awww nevermind.
How about this..
what's the difference between a meso(?) soprano and a pig?
Lipstick!

ahhh..probably shoulda stayed in bed today.

Back