pickup suggestions

Hello all, new here and to the PRS family (finally, after 30 years). Any thoughts on a Duncan JB and Jazz in a Custom 24? I'm picking mine up on Saturday but it has Zebra pickups, and I want the classic black look. I have a black JB and Jazz in an old guitar and wondered whether it would be an appropriate swap.

Got the JB/Jazz combo in my S2 Custom 22.

Love these pups in this one.

IMG_4433%20copy_zps4z1wbci4.jpg

IMG_4432%20copy_zpsejgrilnt.jpg

Before I go for new pickups in my CE 24, I am going to try McCarty switching and orange drop capacitors. The orange drop may tame the HFS an make it a HF wth a little less scream?

Before I go for new pickups in my CE 24, I am going to try McCarty switching and orange drop capacitors. The orange drop may tame the HFS an make it a HF wth a little less scream?

Good thinking - that's a good idea before switching out the pups..

Hi guys,
has anyone tried the Illuminator pickup set on the PRS SE Custom, with the coil tap options as well. If so, what tones were you getting? I am looking for pickups that would do well with creamy blues, rock, prog rock and metal...
Any info would be appreciated
thanks!

With reference to the PRS Pots. I've read that a LOT of people like them in "other" guitars but these were older posts.

Are the ACC-4111 (vol) and ACC-4109 (tone) STILL the same part number AND part that they were a few years back when they were charging something like $24 or $28 Each? Or did they change?

Thanks

With reference to the PRS Pots. I've read that a LOT of people like them in "other" guitars but these were older posts.

Are the ACC-4111 (vol) and ACC-4109 (tone) STILL the same part number AND part that they were a few years back when they were charging something like $24 or $28 Each? Or did they change?

Thanks

Dunno, but the new ones work great.

Thanks garrett, so is the taper smooth or does the volume drop like a rock around 8-7 ?

Hmmmm. I have a set of pearly gates in my Gibby, I LOVE the way it sounds, just not the way it feels.
That's one of the reasons I switched to PRS.

+1 on the Duncan Pearly Gates Bridge pickup. The neck is a bit too dark for me. The bridge rules.

Back