Pickup pole orientation

ReptilianNosewood

Hello all,

I was putting on some new pickup rings and due to my OCD i placed the bridge pickup in the same orientation as the neck without noticing, so now it is installed wrong like so...
skRZ0xe.jpg

i was wondering if anybody had any insight as to any big differences this can create? I played around with it last night and i noticed pinch harmonics seemed stronger but that could just be my imagination running wild. I know its not a huge deal but i was wondering if anybody fiddles with their pickups like this and what they noticed.

Thanks very much.

This is more often done to the neck pickup , might be a tad darker set up that way which can be a good thing for a bridge pickup if you like it no harm

as Rider said, it is sometimes done and if you like it, keep it. No harm. If you don't like it change it back. Again, no harm done. I did it once without noticing and didn't hear much difference. Changed it back just for the look.

Yeah after going back to it last night it felt a little thinner but that again could be my imagination. I stared at it for a while and had to switch it back. All is right again. Thanks for the input!

Back