Pick a Card, Any Card

SHAZAM!

PRS_Forum_SILVER_zps8cf6124f.jpg

(Hint: an 'inception' thread in the 'Forum Rules and News' section might be a good idea.)

Such a thread once existed. It was the 1st thread ever posted on this forum. I can't find it so I'm guessing it was deleted by it's OP. I have to agree that it needed to go away. There is a lot of history with previous "PRS-specific forums" (not just BaM) and, frankly, there's no hope for a thread that even attempts to tell the whole story. Mostly because there are several versions of the truth.

Long story short, I called Paul when BaM died and asked him to open a PRS-specifc, company-sponsored, forum. After working through some concerns, he agreed. Turns out, the company had been considering it for years but didn't want to fragment the BaM community. Every major music manufacturer has it's own forum as part of their social media package. It was high time for PRS to step up and do the same.

A few days after I made that call, Jamie and I were contacted by Shawn. He told us there would be an Official PRS Forum and asked if we were willing to be a part of it. We agreed -- pending some conversations with others in the community. A short time later, the doors opened.

Yes, there is more to this story. Much more. And discussing it will only scrape the scabs off old wounds. So... our inception is simple; BaM died, PRS flipped the switch on a new forum, and we joined.

Where we go from here is our choice.

I love the fact that the 6 of Spades has no previous specific meanings in culture, and I can take it and make it my own rather than follow in someone else's footsteps.

I like my card, and I would like to frame it and hang it on my wall. That said, I'm sort of in the "off the shelf frames are just fine" camp, AKA I'm too cheap to have one made. Maybe.

Does anyone know of any good frames available for the size playing cards we all received?

I love the fact that the 6 of Spades has no previous specific meanings in culture, and I can take it and make it my own rather than follow in someone else's footsteps.

I like my card, and I would like to frame it and hang it on my wall. That said, I'm sort of in the "off the shelf frames are just fine" camp, AKA I'm too cheap to have one made. Maybe.

Does anyone know of any good frames available for the size playing cards we all received?

You can probably get a matte cut to fit a standard size fram for not too much money.

Hans, thank you for the time and effort you have put into the forum. A large amount of it's success is due to the work you've done here. Thank you.

Card Holders- Thank you for your participation. It's been a fun 11 months and I look forward to continuing this relationship long into the future.

CoreyT- Welcome.

Shawn, thank you for all the excellent posts and pictures that keep us coming back for more! I seem to have G.A.S. a lot more now...

Hans, thanks for making us all get involved to keep this going and making a monster!

Everyone... thanks for helping make a great place to spend a few minutes every day and get away from the stresses of life and work... I love this place!

CoreyT, welcome to the deck brother!

Now... how about a TRC for the deck holders? :flute:

I like the idea of plank because...you know..."nice plank" when someone has a nice guitar....

I am honored to be a plank-spanker in this, the world's finest forum.

When Hans said plank owner, I had visions of a box arriving from Stevensville...

When BaM went down for the count, I wasn't sure what would happen going forward. The only thing that seemed certain was that it wouldn't be the same. I won't get into VR other than to say I'm glad they opened their arms to us.

When this forum opened, I'll admit to some trepidation - there's that sense that, as an official forum for a company, it would be a bit stiffer and less free-flowing than an independent forum would be. But it hasn't been that way at all, and that's a great credit to Hans, Jamie, Shawn and James, who've all gone above and beyond to make this the forum that it is.

That said, the membership at large here makes this a great community. It reminds me of my trip to the first Experience - my wife still laughs because I called her and said, "I've found my people". There was a special atmosphere that weekend, and to a large extent, a similar atmosphere exists here. That's a tribute to everyone that participates here.

Well done, all.

Sa-lute.

sa-lute.jpg

Off to spank the plank some more...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;56385 said:
Is that a single piece the same lumber, Ned? Some of it is a slight;ly different hue of brown (there's some irony).

Can I get that in writing? In triplicate? All copies notarized with an original signature? ;)
Pffftttt!

I had to wipe tea off of my display, again. :rofl:

I was also never a member of BaM. So, I was spared the pain I read in some of you guys' posts on the ending of BaM. I was not here for the very beginning, I joined in the Summer and don't really have a good understanding of the genesis of this forum. (Hint: an 'inception' thread in the 'Forum Rules and News' section might be a good idea.)

So my thanks go to those who got this thing going in the first place, including PRSh since I'm sure he had to make the final OK for a 'go'.

A special mention goes to Hans - it is clear that he really wants this to be a thriving community. He continues to dream up new reasons for us to engage. I suspect that he would not want to be our 'leader' and I personally am not looking for one. So I will borrow from my martial arts days and think of him as "first among equals."

A special mention to Shawn who helps put a face on the company which is all about PRSh and also not all about PRSh at the same time. He helps us see and value the amazing people who work there.

Thanks too, to the rest of the Forum members. Without interesting people with differing opinions, this place would be a ghost town. Think about this axiom: "If you and I agree 100% on everything, one of us is not necessary."

To my fellow card holders, good work and keep 'em coming.

To Corey, welcome aboard, matey, mind the sharks on your watch and save some grog for me!

+1 I can't add any more than that!

This is a great forum and I hope it stays that way for a long time to come!

Back