Shots from warmer climes:

kJa0nvig.jpg

Memorable storm. (Briarcliff, Texas)

dJaz4JV.jpg

Sunset on Lake Travis, outside Austin.

Uoy5wRj.jpg

Downtown Austin (from the Long Center)

2EPNDRA.jpg

One of my favorite shots ever, due to the rarity of climbing inside a B-25J to shoot a B-29. (San Marcos, Texas)

Yesterday when I went to leave for work, the ice had frozen into a strange pattern on my windshield. I can only assume strong winds blew the water around as it froze solid.

View attachment 6013 View attachment 6014
It's not just wind, that's crystallizing, like a snowflake. It usually happens when the dew-point changes precipitously (large pressure/temperature changes).

Last edited:
Ooo, I found an important one: my first PRS demo trip. What kills me here is that I was so dead-set on a DC that I completely ignored a lot of amazing pieces on the wall, namely the center of the top row. :rolleyes:

Here is the very moment of my initial descent down the rabbit hole.

ijciCVE.jpg

I was so focused that I somehow forgot to take pics of all the 594s I demoed. [It came down to my quilt 594 and its flame twin in the end. It was impossible to go wrong with that inventory.]

I'm not that great, but here are my faves from recent times...

Super Blue Blood Moon Rise over the McDowell Mountains, Phoenix, AZ (wish I'd had a better camera and a tripod)
zDckvVH.jpg

My daughters and some Christmas decorations, Phoenix
Gu64v0U.jpg

Cal Jam 17, San Bernadino, CA
rzwTVZ3.jpg

Steak. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Steakerprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new cuts of beef, to seek out new seasonings and new cooking methods, to boldly eat what no man has eaten before.
oZDo3o9.jpg

All these were taken a bit outside Estes Park, Colorado, right in the YMCA of the Rockies. Took our church youth camp there last year. Of course I had to get a little early morning mountain climbing in before everyone got up :D

Friendly tip: If the geology of different places interests you, put rock samples in your bag on the way DOWN a mountain, not up... lesson learned, but totally not from experience or anything ;)

vs1BFzL.jpg

KE19YdA.jpg

dhHuYPo.jpg

xezFPY1.jpg

Bo9Ajcq.jpg

These were a few months later down here in Texas from the storm. I'm sure it's old news now, but it's some of the more note-worthy photos on my phone (most are just memes.....:cool:..).

1HXO11m.jpg

mhBw16t.jpg

This was the first day I went back as part of a church/community group to help recovery for a few weeks. The water in this area got up to 12-15 feet. Most of the houses were on stilts, and still got 4-6 feet up inside.

You can see where the house sort of slid to the right and basically had the bottom shaved away.

MiQsbMp.jpg

A trailer house that rolled over several times.

ZbKYgg0.jpg

Back