Photos, let's see 'em

I have two questions for car guys. 1) When did they start putting the 427 engine in the Cobra? 2) I thought a 427 was a Chevy engine and Ford made a 428? 2.1) Why the 427 for the Cobra and not the 428

1. 1965 was the first production year for the 427 Cobra. In 1964 Shelby and Ken Miles put together a 390 powered Cobra for Sebring, so technically this was the first big block Cobra and although it was crude it laid the groundwork for the 427 cars.
2. Yes, but both Chevy and Ford had engines with 427 cubes. Ford also made the 428 that was less expensive to produce than the all out racing 427. The 428 has a smaller bore but a longer stroke than the 427 it replaced.
2.1 Some Shelby Cobra's did come with a 428 when the 427 motor was in short supply-probably around 100 cars or so.

I have two questions for car guys. 1) When did they start putting the 427 engine in the Cobra? 2) I thought a 427 was a Chevy engine and Ford made a 428? 2.1) Why the 427 for the Cobra and not the 428

Don't forget the 429 :)

keirachaos_0218v2.jpg

A photo I shot quite a while ago.

Nice! I would have thought something more "local"!

Me too.
Long Island Iced Tea is fine when you want to get silly fast, but I was hoping for something more Mediterranean.

Well we’d been here for about 24 hours (A.T.O.P - at time of posting), so it was an easy choice to make and I was being relatively reserved (for me) and just sipping!

Over the next two weeks, I will promise to try several local delicacies and report back.

@Shawn@PRS - photos to follow soon.

1. 1965 was the first production year for the 427 Cobra. In 1964 Shelby and Ken Miles put together a 390 powered Cobra for Sebring, so technically this was the first big block Cobra and although it was crude it laid the groundwork for the 427 cars.
2. Yes, but both Chevy and Ford had engines with 427 cubes. Ford also made the 428 that was less expensive to produce than the all out racing 427. The 428 has a smaller bore but a longer stroke than the 427 it replaced.
2.1 Some Shelby Cobra's did come with a 428 when the 427 motor was in short supply-probably around 100 cars or so.
Thanks for the info!

Your wasp reminded me of this nightmare. This was 1 foot above my head and I hadn't noticed it until a bird was freaking out and made me look up. I walked under this for months in the yard while cutting grass.

UyWyGoJ.jpg

sLEYsmo.jpg

8el3nox.jpg
7h3X9lT.jpg

Back