Photos, let's see 'em

A few years ago, me, my brother in law and father in law went down to Virginia to drive race cars. They gave us about 20 minutes of "class time" and then the leader took us one time around the track, in single file. After that, he let us open it up and race. There was no speedometer, so I have no idea how fast I was actually going. With no power steering, the car had to be muscled around the track and with the way the seats are constructed and the helmet, you only get a narrow view directly in front of you. My brother in law spent his time doing about 30 MPH around the apron. Hahaha

drive2.jpg

A few years ago, me, my brother in law and father in law went down to Virginia to drive race cars. They gave us about 20 minutes of "class time" and then the leader took us one time around the track, in single file. After that, he let us open it up and race. There was no speedometer, so I have no idea how fast I was actually going. With no power steering, the car had to be muscled around the track and with the way the seats are constructed and the helmet, you only get a narrow view directly in front of you. My brother in law spent his time doing about 30 MPH around the apron. Hahaha

View attachment 6389
If you enjoyed that you should come try the Porsche experience here in Atl, they let you choose a 911 of your choice and teach you how to drive as if your an endurance racer. Theres pretty much everything, a track, offroad route, and a drifting/donut circle.

Most of the time I’ve been to the track, speedometers were covered so people didn’t fixate on that number. You made your decisions on the sensation of speed, though the math to convert rpm to speed is pretty straight forward.

Here’s a shot of Barber. Amazing track, especially with a small group.
CK_15LazyBikeyard.JPG

View attachment 6389

I hit 85 on my way to work this morning in my Honda Element. What's cool about it, even being 8 years old and having 120K miles, is it still doesn't let me know I'm going that fast. Handles it like a champ. I'd love to get it on a track and see how fast I can make it go.

It's further down the line and not in that photo, but here's a shot I took a couple of weeks ago in the dealer's showroom:

And next to the one I traded in:

I've had that license plate for 21 years. Just gave it up. New one is "Z06 XLR8"

I see what you did there....clever

It's further down the line and not in that photo, but here's a shot I took a couple of weeks ago in the dealer's showroom:

I've had that license plate for 21 years. Just gave it up. New one is "Z06 XLR8"

Sweet!!!!

I just paid off my Mustang this month, the lien release came in the mail yesterday. Starting to get the itch to look at something new.

The real challenge is not spilling your beer when the field enters turn one on the first lap.

Truth. A bunch of us did the Indy car race at the Chicagoland speedway years ago. I was shocked at how loud it was. I was even more shocked that my buddies wife slept through it. Actually, it wasn't as much slept as passed out.....

Those are some awesome topiaries! Never seen anything quite like that!

Here are a few shots on my phone. Some done with the phone, some with a GoPro, and maybe 1 with a point and shoot digital.
rEujZO2.jpg

Greece - Balos Beach

A8ZecsT.jpg

Bahamas

IHeVxRE.jpg

Bahamas

GXHgrsT.jpg

Bahamas

8Kjb6jy.jpg

Bahamas

jtJLb7K.jpg

Fowey Rocks light - Biscayne National Park