Pearloid pickguard on a red S2 Singlecut Standard?

markwilk

A couple weeks ago, I was soliciting opinions on my first PRS. Thanks again for the many responses. While the items on my shortlist where all SEs, there were plenty of suggestions to go Core/Custom, or at least S2.

Turns out, a local shop has a used S2 Singlecut Standard (in red!) that might just be in my price range. It looks to be in great shape, and I've had the opportunity to play it a little (will be playing it some more this week). One guitar that was on my shortlist was the Zach Myers, but I had planned on upgrading it with push-pull tone pots and locking tuners. This particular guitar sounds great, and already has those features.

But...I'm not completely crazy about the black pickguard on the red body. I see that PRS sells pearloid pickguards for this guitar, and was thinking that might look kinda nice. Anyone have a pearloid-on-red PRS that they'd care to show off with pics? I did a little google image searching and found some red Strats out there with a similar pickguard, but it's just not the same.

Yes, I know I can just buy the pickguard and see how I like it, but at $40 + S/H, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple examples first.

Thanks,

Mark

Its not a single cut, but I love the white pearl on my S2. I swapped out the old chrome tuner buttons for white as well.

20170507_122849_zpsuhrdimpe.jpg

thumbnail_20170303_152047_zpso0um0jcf.jpg

Here's one on a strat:

20170419_082403_zpswsiursag.jpg

I love the aged pearloid, and think it looks good on a lot of guitars, but I know some people cant stand them.

I think a red S2 SC with a white pearloid PG would look sweet!

Last edited:
Beautiful! And I'm 100% with you on the tuner buttons. As I was looking at the pickguards on PRS' site, I noticed the buttons and that they would match up perfectly.

Its not a single cut, but I love the white pearl on my S2. I swapped out the old chrome tuner buttons for white as well.

Back