Pay pal

gush

Where is that speedo pic
My paypal account has been hacked. At least CC company called to alert me.

Anybody else have issues with this?

What is a safe alternative?

I might add that I haven't purchased anything off of ebay in a long while, just VR and reverb.

Yeah. I don't have a bank account linked to PP it was my CC company that called. To avoid further fraud we were given their employee ID number and I called them back using the number on the back of the card. So I'm confident that part was legit.

I think it was an honest mistake made during a recent transaction that allowed the gap in security.

Someone once used my account to buy an expensive mobile phone on eBay. Over drafted my bank account. Not fun. PayPal and my bank made it right, but it was somewhat of an ordeal.

Someone once used my account to buy an expensive mobile phone on eBay. Over drafted my bank account. Not fun. PayPal and my bank made it right, but it was somewhat of an ordeal.

Unfortunately these crimes are considered low hanging fruit and don't seem to get resolved legally. I realize it would take a lot of effort to catch these people but it is very frustrating.

Unfortunately these crimes are considered low hanging fruit and don't seem to get resolved legally. I realize it would take a lot of effort to catch these people but it is very frustrating.

Yep. PayPal refunded me and since I could prove it was fraud the bank refunded the NSF fees. Some scumbag got a free phone and it would cost far more than the value of the phone to track him down and prosecute.

Make sure to change your password and make different than than other passwords (I write them down in a personal notebook). In my experience PayPal has some of the best online security but things do happen. Call PayPal and make sure everything else is safe. Hope it works out!

While it's most often low dollar amount crimes, I rank this crap right below gear theft. Castration, stoning, forcing the perps to live off poi. No such thing as cruel or unusual.

Back