Pay It Forward - Free Swag

Here we go.

PMs, please, with your order of preference (or if you don't want one thing in place of another, just the one thing you want).

I've got...

• A dozen medium tortoise shell PRS picks
  • A dozen medium white PRS picks
  • One-twelfth of a dozen (sorry, 'dozen' was starting to sound funny to me) - one 2014 Sig Club TRC
One per. I'll take the PMs in the order they come in. And I'll ship next week.

I’d like a blue guitar.

I've still got...
  • One-twelfth of a dozen (sorry, 'dozen' was starting to sound funny to me) - one 2014 Sig Club TRC
One per. I'll take the PMs in the order they come in. And I'll ship next week.

All gone! I'll update everyone when the stuff is sent. Thanks!

Since you gear freaks clearly have an obsession with guitar stuff....which is nothing I know anything about ;) ....

Where can one go to find a PRS SE friendly truss rod cover? Something different than the standard black plastic, I mean?

My C.R. SE needs some love and attention, and a nice TRC is on my list of desired upgrades.

I have a Core nut, ready for install...and Mann tuners to be ordered shortly...but where can I find something saucy for the truss rod blanket?

OK, off-the-wall question:

In the link Peet provided, the TRCs come with sizing options based on brand, but also two option for PRS because:

"In 2014 Paul Reed Smith changed the size of their truss rod covers."

Is that true? I have not noticed - now I need to go measure/compare an older and newer core model.

Also, that site doesn't offer up SE model TRCs, which is unfortunate.

OK, so in reaction to my query above, I did a couple quick measurements using digital calipers:

My 2015 P245SH and my 2011 305 have the exact same distance from TRC screw (center) to back of nut: 1.70". As do my older SAS, and the S2 RL Vela SH from last year (2017).

The SEs all measured 1.80", except the MM baritone which was 1.79" - hardly worth worrying about.

Perhaps the website has confused SE TRCs as being "newer" or "older" than the core measurements, whereas it is really just a different line.

I dropped them a line via their contact page - be interesting to see what they say.

Sorry, In an effort to add an image I deleted my post. I'll repeat this so it makes sense to folks that didn't see the post. I'm replacing the nut with a core nut on my standard SE24. I want the TRC to meet up with the slightly smaller nut so I ordered a plain ebony and plain rosewood from
https://shop.custominlay.com/PRS-Fits-Paul-Reed-Smith_c159.htm . They are making them longer from the screw hole to the nut so I can sand it down to meet up with the core nut. Below is spec for the original TRC and the cover I ordered. My measurements of the factory cover were very close to the (import) specs. I did get bridge pins from these folks a while back and I'm happy with those. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm guessing the swag is gone by now.

NJ6IZ7C.jpg
t0SdyXi.jpg

OK, so in reaction to my query above, I did a couple quick measurements using digital calipers:

My 2015 P245SH and my 2011 305 have the exact same distance from TRC screw (center) to back of nut: 1.70". As do my older SAS, and the S2 RL Vela SH from last year (2017).

The SEs all measured 1.80", except the MM baritone which was 1.79" - hardly worth worrying about.

Perhaps the website has confused SE TRCs as being "newer" or "older" than the core measurements, whereas it is really just a different line.

I dropped them a line via their contact page - be interesting to see what they say.

I successfully added the images :) I don't think they are PRS experts so I wouldn't trust that "newer or older" description. The import image I found on the web was close to my measurements without using a caliper. The 2nd image in my post is the spec I agreed upon with them for my needs.

Since you gear freaks clearly have an obsession with guitar stuff....which is nothing I know anything about ;) ....

Where can one go to find a PRS SE friendly truss rod cover? Something different than the standard black plastic, I mean?

My C.R. SE needs some love and attention, and a nice TRC is on my list of desired upgrades.

I have a Core nut, ready for install...and Mann tuners to be ordered shortly...but where can I find something saucy for the truss rod blanket?

Anybody else out there, with a hookup for nice TRCs for the SE range?

Here we go.

PMs, please, with your order of preference (or if you don't want one thing in place of another, just the one thing you want).

I've got...

• A dozen medium tortoise shell PRS picks
One per. I'll take the PMs in the order they come in. And I'll ship next week.[/QUOTE

Thanks Wedge you are the man, got my swag today. I appreciate it!

WEDGE -
i have a handful of Signature club truss rod covers,!lanyard, and whatever else I can throw together that are up for grabs. If you want it shoot me a PM with your address.

Thanks for the picks and truss rod cover! If you make it to Experience this year let me know....I'll buy you a tasty beverage.

I got my envelope of goodies today! Thanks, that was really cool of you! You inspired me to give away a couple vintage trumpet mouthpieces on a horn forum I use. Paid forward!

Got mine too...THANK YOU WEDGE! So very cool of you to do this! This was a kind and generous thing you've done...I won't be able to make the experience this year to buy you some tasty beverages...but I promise, I'll "pay it forward" in honor of what you've. Done here...kudos bro!

Here's a thought, how about making this a "Pay It Forward" type of thread? If you accept the generosity from a fellow member, you offer up a spare part to another member in return? It could be a cool thing and it would keep the love fest alive.

Sorry Shawn I thought I mentioned your idea in my post...my bad.I think that's a great idea! Sticky this baby! Bro hugs for everybody! Woo Hoo! Well, maybe just bro fist bumps...I'm not a hugger...:p

Sorry Shawn I thought I mentioned your idea in my post...my bad.I think that's a great idea! Sticky this baby! Bro hugs for everybody! Woo Hoo! Well, maybe just bro fist bumps...I'm not a hugger...:p

Hey Scott, you may have mentioned it and I skimmed over it. Either way, great idea!

And if Wedge doesn't mind, maybe I'll change the name of the thread to "Pay It Forward - Free Swag"

Back