Paul's weekly "Guitar Talk"

Sergio you taking over ;) -- be sure to get that KL a bit of love

No! If Sergio documents it, we'll never know what it looks like!

sbody.jpg

Look at Serge, looking all fatherly. ;) So, Shawn travels all the way to Chi-town and you take him to Bed Bath and Beyond and Menards? Dude...

I've got home renovations going on, he was helping me pick out towel racks and ceiling fans.

Will be curious to see how they cut out the headstock veneer's truss rod hole since that and the tuning key holes are not cut out prior to gluing it down.

Will be curious to see how they cut out the headstock veneer's truss rod hole since that and the tuning key holes are not cut out prior to gluing it down.

It's not a problem, we have jigs and fixtures for that type of thing.

During the next session, the heel of the neck will be sanded and fitted into the body and then the neck and body will be glued together. I think this is a pretty fascinating process and it requires a lot of work and skill to do it right. Our next Wednesday with Paul will be on July 12. I'll post more videos then.

Thanks for following the progress!

More progress on the build project.

Rich cuts the neck heel to achieve the proper fit in the neck joint and to achieve the correct neck angle. He then glues the neck into place, clamps it up and cleans up the excessive glue.

Rich wets the top of the guitar to show off the wood grain

Next, we need to decide on a color. hmmmmmmmmm?

Back