Paul, McManus & Simpson - Acoustic Guitar Magazine Video

That's a great video - what phenomenal players, with different styles, who make the guitars really speak and sing.

I bought the Tonare because I'm more of a strummer/flatpick player, yet it also does really well fingerpicked. The guitars are very versatile, and I don't know if there's anything that can outdo them. It's funny that Paul Smith talks about resistance to the guitars; at first I had a hard time getting my head around PRS really building a serious high end acoustic, too. But then I saw the video on the PRS site, with Paul pinging the various parts and the carbon fiber reinforcement, and finally playing the thing, and everything made such sense and sounded so great, I knew I wanted one.

In fact, I get the idea that people want adjustable truss rods, but I love the carbon fiber reinforcement, and as a guy who lives in Michigan with its season changes similar to Canada that they talked about in the video, the fact that the guitar is SO stable is just a great thing.

Glad you're enjoying your Tonare.

Martin Simpson's playing in that video reminds me of one of my favorites, Bill Frisell.

Back