P245 semi or HB2

BWV548

Custom Title
Im thinking about one or the other in the thread title. I'm not really interested in the piezo on its own, but I am quite interested in the blended timbres.
Anyone with experience in one or both that can comment on tone/timbre. YouTube videos only go so far

P245 is not a Hollowbody with a side left solid. It is a solid guitar with the upper section hollowed out. That means it is a lot more solid than hollow and actually to my ear is far more like a chambered body or even a weight reduced solid body.

The Hollowbody on the other hand is very resonant and completely hollow all around and has a much more pronounced arch on the top and back.

If Piezo and lighter tones are your plan then the Hollowbody. The P245 can behave just like a regular singlecut if you want with a bit more resonance and a tiny bit less sustain.

Just my 2 cents

Steve

P245 is not a Hollowbody with a side left solid. It is a solid guitar with the upper section hollowed out. That means it is a lot more solid than hollow and actually to my ear is far more like a chambered body or even a weight reduced solid body.

The Hollowbody on the other hand is very resonant and completely hollow all around and has a much more pronounced arch on the top and back.

If Piezo and lighter tones are your plan then the Hollowbody. The P245 can behave just like a regular singlecut if you want with a bit more resonance and a tiny bit less sustain.

Just my 2 cents

Steve
I think that is an excellent summary! Although I would also add the semi-hollow nature of the P245SH makes it much more acoustically audible when playing unplugged compared to a solid body. Not nearly as acoustic as a full HB, of course.

I don't notice any sustain loss on the P245SH compared to other solid PRSi, but I also don't do back-to-back comparisons/measurements.

Back