P22 -- Volume Pedal?

Scriptor

In reading some P22 reviews, I see folks using a volume pedal from the electric jack to help control the mix of magnetic to piezo sound ... anyone who uses this setup, please advise how it helps you with your sound ... I have a very simple pedal board and don't currently have a volume pedal (haven't used one since the early 80's in my former band-playing life) ... also any recommendations on brands/types would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a EB Jr. on my board. I post a pic of my current configuration tonight if I can remember. ;)

I picked up on something Bryan Ewald said something almost "oh by the way" in one of his demos about a volume pedal being helpful. If you flip the switch with amp up you get a transant thump as the electic side of the guitar goes hot. I figured out what he was getting at... If you leave the switch set to the center position "BOTH" you can just use the volume pedal to kill volume the electric side with no transiant noise - play as an acoustic. Then you can roll the electric back in when you are ready for it. The blend knob for the Piezo will let you adjust that in the mix... so you end up not flipping the switch at all! :cool: And no noise dime off what you are doing or take away from the music! :D

I have a EB Jr. on my board. I post a pic of my current configuration tonight if I can remember. ;)

I picked up on something Bryan Ewald said something almost "oh by the way" in one of his demos about a volume pedal being helpful. If you flip the switch with amp up you get a transant thump as the electic side of the guitar goes hot. I figured out what he was getting at... If you leave the switch set to the center position "BOTH" you can just use the volume pedal to kill volume the electric side with no transiant noise - play as an acoustic. Then you can roll the electric back in when you are ready for it. The blend knob for the Piezo will let you adjust that in the mix... so you end up not flipping the switch at all! :cool: And no noise dime off what you are doing or take away from the music! :D

Thanks ... sounds right ... I have been looking at the EB Jr as well ...

Thanks ... sounds right ... I have been looking at the EB Jr as well ...

Simple, built well, passive - what's not to like? I liked the Dunlop, very progressive and easy to set volume with but it's HUGE, the Morley optical takes power and is more of an "On OFF" switch.

Here is a Pic of my current set up.

Mine goes G50 to Tuner to Wah to OCD to Tube Screamer to Keely Blues driver ->Looper-> EB Volume is the last thing in my "electric" signal chain going to the amp.
DE76D7F4-B2E8-40A1-BDD4-08AD1DEEFA32-279-00000010AAD32BA5.jpg

Upper right is the Fishman Aura and I run the Piezo right into it and then to the Board.

TC Mic Mechanic is the box on the upper left - I'll take all the help I can with Vocals! ;)

I completely reorganized my pedal board on Sunday before the audition so it's a bit sloppy - Once the rig "stabilizes" I may look at a pedal snake ;)

Last edited:
Back