P22 issue pizeo now going to my amp & PA

philcan

I have a 2013 P22. I use 2 cables 1 to send the magnetic pickups to my amp (Marshall JVM210) the other to send the Piezo to the pa. I use the switch in the middle so I can get the sound of both at the same time form specific spots or if I just want Piezo I us a volume pedal to my amp. The new issue as of last night I have is it seems the Piezo signal is also going to my amp rather than just the PA. So I end up an acoustic sound added to the electric going through a gain channel. Sounds very ugly. Any ideas on what happened could it be the mini toggle is shot after 5 years. any suggestions are appreciated. I use it just about every weekend so I need as little down time as possible so sending it to the PTC is not my number 1 option.

I’m an electrician, not a guitar tech, so bear with me. It sounds like your switch isn’t breaking the connection completely. Can you open it up and throw the switch to see that it mechanically switches? I don’t know if this is something you can see. Good luck.

You might just need a bit of Contact Cleaner sprayed in there - might have a sticky contact or similar.

Back