P 22 too dark.

Kim

I have a PRS P22. I love the fit and finish and the neck on this guitar but I have a problem.
The guitar has the PRS uncovered 57/08 pickups and they are too dark. The 5 position switch doesn't allow for true split coil so I'm wondering
1. Can this guitar be rewired to achieve true split coil performance?
2. Should I just install a set of Lollar Imperials that I already own?
3. Can the lollers be split as well?
Any and all opinions and advice will be carefully considered and a change will be made so have at it.
THANKS!

Try running the pickups really close to the strings I liked the results on both my 57/08 guitars
I would email PTC about your wiring questions, I believe you can get split coil on a 5 way you may have to jump the pickup differently or add a push pull tone pot

Hey thanks Rider. I've tried moving them up a bit. I guess I could go more thought. I did notice when I adjusted the higher I started the hit them with my pick but a small adjustment with my playing technique took care of that.
I did find a thread with a schematic that'll get me close and I've looked at my switch and the schematic is the correct one. It will require jumping the switch differently but I'm up for the challenge :)

Back