Overdrive help

If you like the pedal's response, it sounds like you may actually benefit from a pre-od EQ.
Best advice yet, and jak is a seasoned pro whose excellent tone and chops tend to prove he knows whereof he speaks.

Remember - the hardest part of the frequency band for any amp is bass reproduction. You want to cut the flub? Cut the bass on the signal going to the amp. Tightens things right up.

I use a pre-OD EQ to cut a little bottom end before any signal hits my other pedals or amp. Takes care of the flub, leaves plenty of room in the mix for the kick drum and bass. Tightens up the overall presentation.

I've been doing this for many years, both in the studio for my ad tracks, and playing live (which of course I stopped doing to concentrate on my session work 1,000 years ago).

Those records with the tone you hear in your head? Yeah. The engineer cut the bass.

"Maybe not playing out was more like 15 years ago than 1000, you moron."

"It was a figure of speech!!" :rolleyes:

The age old debate, what’s the best overdrive pedal?

I am currently using the only overdrive pedal I have which is a Lovepedal Les Lius. I love the tweed like breakup but the bottom end gets a little flubby when I play my PRS’s through it.

Can y’all give me some of your recommendations for an overdrive that can tighten up bass and bring out the highs a little?
Lower your pickups just a little

If I still made them I would say try Tonal Insanity Pedals :) and I do love them well because I made them for my ear :)
I have a TC Electronics MoJo that I really like a lot , kind of a universal helper pedal also have a NUX Horseman does the Klon thing really well lots of adjustment in a small package.
Last I just got a Line 6 HX Effects GREAT box lets you try a Huge array of pedals and tweak them to you liking , I use it in front of my Fender Vibrolux and it is really fun

Back