Other artists like Crazy Lixx?

titansfan4196

I really like the style of Crazy Lixx. Like I love the music to Rock And A Hard Place. Looking for other music like it. Preferably no cursing btw. Thanks!

I really like the style of Crazy Lixx. Like I love the music to Rock And A Hard Place. Looking for other music like it. Preferably no cursing btw. Thanks!

Crashdiet, Hardcore Superstar, H.E.A.T., Dynazty, The Hellacopters, Pink Cream 69, The Poodles, Wigwam, The Last Vegas are all more recent bands. If you want to go back to the late 80s, Faster Pussycat, Pretty Boy Floyd, Tuff, Britny Fox, Danger Danger, Vain, Firehouse

The Last Vegas are all more recent bands.

Man, I used to play so many shows with them back in the day, they’ve been around for almost twenty years now! I wasn’t aware they’re still playing let alone getting some attention. That’s rad! Great guys.

Man, I used to play so many shows with them back in the day, they’ve been around for almost twenty years now! I wasn’t aware they’re still playing let alone getting some attention. That’s rad! Great guys.

Sh!t....I wasn't aware they were a Chicago band :oops: I got into them through Sleazeroxx.com and BW&BK magazine

Sh!t....I wasn't aware they were a Chicago band :oops: I got into them through Sleazeroxx.com and BW&BK magazine

That’s awesome. Yeah, they didn’t really fit in with what was going on at the time so we wound up getting on a bunch of the same bills with them. Sleazeroxx sounds like the name of somewhere you’d find them! But I mean that in a good way.

This is so twilight zone for me, these acts are sooooo underground it's unbelievable.
I've been educated cause all I hear on the airwaves in new rock is heavily synth based Alt music.
There *ARE* guitar players out there still ............ thank god!!!

This is so twilight zone for me, these acts are sooooo underground it's unbelievable.
I've been educated cause all I hear on the airwaves in new rock is heavily synth based Alt music.

There certainly are. There are a lot of European bands that seem to be carrying the torch. I learned a lot about these bands (and US bands that are under the radar...way under) from a guy that owned a record store locally called Impulse Music. When I was in an office, it was a couple of miles from his shop. I'd go there once a week to get caught up. He turned me on to Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine (which now exists as a website). That rag turned me onto a sh!t - ton of cool metal/rock bands. Most of which were from outside of the US. I still check out Impulse Music's website, BW & BK website, Metal Kingdom, and Sleazeroxx.com weekly. There is cool guitar playing out there, if you know where to look for it.

Yeah, I went down a rabbit hole on the computer last week looking for new dance music and was surprised to find a bunch of stuff I love that I hadn’t come across before.

There’s so much good stuff out there but you gotta dig for it...just like it’s always been. I occasionally think there’s no more interesting (to me) music being made but, it’s really that I’m not putting in enough effort to find it like I once did.

but you gotta dig for it...just like it’s always been.

Not "always".

You forget I'm a double OG, in my day horn players had top hits(Grover Washington, Herb Albert). I remember when almost every urban act had a horn section, every rock band had a guitarist that could rip a solo, and you didn't sit in a small studio with headphones to listen to a band as good as Snarky Puppy cause they were playing big venues.

Oh dayum I'm old.:oops:

Back