Original-issue Santana SE neck joint unglued - help!

Now I'll have to figure a way to retouch the flaked-off break in the thick finish. Any ideas, folks?

Also, how do you manage to embed images in your posts? I can only insert an URL pointing to images...

Nail polish and superglue.

Copy and paste the URL. You can use the icon with the little mountain and sun lookin' thingy or just paste the URL in the text box.

You know what, Sergio? I might very well try this. I'll be off to the beauties' counter, guitar in hand, when the glue has set.

Thanks, my friend!

As for the image posting, I gather there's no better way than posting a link...

You know what, Sergio? I might very well try this. I'll be off to the beauties' counter, guitar in hand, when the glue has set.

Thanks, my friend!

My pleasure. They'll have the greatest number of shades to choose from to try and match. Let it dry and then you can use the superglue to "build up" the finish, then sand and buff with some swirl remover if you wanna go that far with it. Buy real superglue though.. that dollar store stuff can get cloudy.

I have a drawer full of those StewMac precious superglues, colored or not. I use them all the time for any kind of work so they're precious to me. The nail polish trick I would not have dreamed about. Those poly finishes can be a mess to match, so thanks a million!

I have done similar with super glue and nail polish myself and achieved great results. Looking forward to see the outcome. Have fun :)

Back