Ordered my P.S. today!

matt3310

Here are my specs:
SingleCut trem.
Northern lights smoke burst top and Northern lights glow burst back, with matching neck and headstock.
Flame top, quilt back.
Northern lights binding.
Ebony fretboard.
Natural sides.
85/15 pickups.
Black pickup rings.
Lampshade knobs.
Hybrid Hardware.
Matching backplates.
12th fret bird on the neck heal.
Purfling on the headstock and around the fretboard.
25" scale.
Pattern regular profile.

Hopefully someone from PRS can answer this question. When we ordered it today the rep said SCT takes longer than other models. Why is that?

Nice specs!

You don't mention what kind of inlays you got, assuming you got some.

Oh yeah, It will be northernn lights birds with abalone outline!

Northern lights w/an outline on an ebony board. That'll work.

neck1.jpg

Congrats on the build - sounds like it'll be spectacular!

Here are my specs:
SingleCut trem.
Northern lights smoke burst top and Northern lights glow burst back, with matching neck and headstock.
Flame top, quilt back.
Northern lights binding.
Ebony fretboard.
Natural sides.
85/15 pickups.
Black pickup rings.
Lampshade knobs.
Hybrid Hardware.
Matching backplates.
12th fret bird on the neck heal.
Purfling on the headstock and around the fretboard.
25" scale.
Pattern regular profile.

Hopefully someone from PRS can answer this question. When we ordered it today the rep said SCT takes longer than other models. Why is that?
Whoa! So you solved the dilemma between the desire to have a flame top and a quilt top by putting the quilt on the back with a related but different finish - Brilliant! (Where did I put that Guinness?!). That’s going to be a beauty for sure. We already know SCTs are awesome, right? :)

My Build was a P245 Trem and it didn’t take longer than any other build, not sure why the rep said that. Shapes are already programmed, they obviously have the wood available...

Sweet! So the total body thickness will be the slightly thinner SC trem rather than the full SC thickness then?

Sweet! So the total body thickness will be the slightly thinner SC trem rather than the full SC thickness then?

The same I believe.
Yes, same thickness.
The back is basically a cap - slice a bit of the normal back and stick a maple cap in its place.
I really like these sandwich guitars.

Back