Opinion on old Prs, need help.

Iranomas

Hi I'm new to the forum. I've never had a prs before, but now i have a chance to buy an old 1993 custom 24 stoptail. All the electronics are stock, really good condition overall, it had a fret dreasing recently and that's all.

Am I missing a lot comparing to newer models? I've always wanted a prs but the new ones are out of my budget. I want to know if I'm really getting a good guitar compared to the non vintage models.

Thank you in advance. Here are some pictures.
YzgnVR6
https://imgur.com/a/YzgnVR6

That is a Standard 24 but I think that you would really enjoy it. If the price is right I'd say go for it!

As for new versus used, even Paul says his biggest competitor is himself in that used PRS sales actually make a mark on the sale of the new ones. Construction and wood is consistent across the years. Changes have occurred, but they are minor (tuners, adjustable stop tails, toggles and blade switches, etc). The big thing would be the pickups as that most likely has the Bass/HFS combo.

In the end, I don't think think that you can go wrong with that.

Sergio is correct, that is a Custom as it has a maple top. I must have been thinking about something totally different when I typed that it wasn't. Nice guitar though.....you don't see many stoptails on the 24s!

CU24s are the core of PRS !!
Stop tail CU24s are few and far between and I bet its a monster.
Don't think you could go wrong with that one if its not 100% for you it would be an easy flip IMHO

Nice axe! I wasn't aware that there were any Customs without bird inlays.

I've always dug moons; my oldest PRS has 'em.

Am I missing a lot comparing to newer models? I've always wanted a prs but the new ones are out of my budget. I want to know if I'm really getting a good guitar compared to the non vintage models.

Missing anything? Eh, the new ones are very different, but the old ones rock too. The best thing is that every year is a "good year" for PRS.

Really cool top on that one and some less common features. I dig it.

I'd buy it for the uniqueness alone. Plus it looks killer! I'd bet it sounds and plays pretty great too.

Back