Older Singlecuts/250's/245's/SC58's/Ted's: Trash or Treasure?

Great guitars. The 57/08s on mine seem to be on the lower side of the output curve. This was the first guitar where I really got that vintage feel, and it gave me a better understanding of the appeal.

FWIW, these were not supposed to have the coil taps, but apparently a few (including mine) did. It's not something I reach for often, but nice to have it available.

Well, you seem to have it down. Ted or 245 with stoptail. Keep the stripper option open though, that bridge does affect the tone some. I've preferred the tone of the 2 piece on 24.5" scale. I only sold my stripper to help fund my PS(or recoup). That and I played my AP SC more.
Either should be great though, I'd just grab one that appeals to ya. There should be some to get your hands on near you?

I can't speak to the more recent renditions as I haven't had a chance to play any of them, but I'm head-over-heels in love with my 2009 SC245 Goldtop!

ouxgYsC.jpg

I loved the feel of the neck, the beautiful hollow birds, the light weight (7.5 lbs) and the gorgeous goldtop finish right from the start, but I wasn't sure about the SC245 pickups at first... Fortunately, after stringing her up with my preferred strings, tweaking the pickup heights and playing with my amp settings a bit I've become rather fond of these pickups, and don't feel any need to change them any more... It's such a resonant, sustaining guitar, and plays so smoothly that it's one of the ones I reach for most often now when I'm just playing for myself... It's been out to a couple rehearsals and jams but doesn't fit with the tribute band thing I'm currently involved with so hasn't been gigged... Still, it's just a wonderful guitar; I can't imagine a situation that would see me letting it go.

Nope. I've already got one, all modded up too. If your really jonesing for one, PM me. Maybe we could work something out.
Hmmmm....tempting. I think I need to explore my SE Singlecut more first (see SE mods thread)

I can't speak to the more recent renditions as I haven't had a chance to play any of them, but I'm head-over-heels in love with my 2009 SC245 Goldtop!

ouxgYsC.jpg

I loved the feel of the neck, the beautiful hollow birds, the light weight (7.5 lbs) and the gorgeous goldtop finish right from the start, but I wasn't sure about the SC245 pickups at first... Fortunately, after stringing her up with my preferred strings, tweaking the pickup heights and playing with my amp settings a bit I've become rather fond of these pickups, and don't feel any need to change them any more... It's such a resonant, sustaining guitar, and plays so smoothly that it's one of the ones I reach for most often now when I'm just playing for myself... It's been out to a couple rehearsals and jams but doesn't fit with the tribute band thing I'm currently involved with so hasn't been gigged... Still, it's just a wonderful guitar; I can't imagine a situation that would see me letting it go.

Love.

Well, you seem to have it down. Ted or 245 with stoptail. Keep the stripper option open though, that bridge does affect the tone some. I've preferred the tone of the 2 piece on 24.5" scale. I only sold my stripper to help fund my PS(or recoup). That and I played my AP SC more.
Either should be great though, I'd just grab one that appeals to ya. There should be some to get your hands on near you?

Yeah, I think that's the way I'm leaning.

Not sure about there being some close by, most of my crew out here has gone 594 crazy... except for Bodia's Ted, which I want too much but is a little steeper than what I could afford. Plus, I don't think I could let him part with it, it'd be a bit like stealing your friend's girl.

SERG

How about a white singlecut hollowbody 2? I have one that is killer. Totally recommend. If you want to borrow it for a bit let me know what you want to swap and I will ship it to you to try out the sc realm.

Sh!t... That's mighty generous of you. I really liked MA Pete's PS Semi 594 'cause: duh. Man, I don't think I have anything to swap away, I'm tryin' to horde PRS at the moment. :p

Not sure about there being some close by, most of my crew out here has gone 594 crazy... except for Bodia's Ted, which I want too much but is a little steeper than what I could afford. Plus, I don't think I could let him part with it, it'd be a bit like stealing your friend's girl.

I'm not ready to part with it either. That rosewood neck has me hooked. She can come stay with you for a while though. She's slutty like that.

I'm not ready to part with it either. That rosewood neck has me hooked. She can come stay with you for a while though. She's slutty like that.

Hey, that's nice of you.. maybe you can just bring her by for a visit?

Any store stock to get yer mitts on?

I've only had one PRS SC: Stripped 58. I bought it new and still thought it a great value. At used prices it should be a steal. Fantastic guitar.

I have a 2001 SC that I've loved for a long time, but I have to admit I like the newer pickups better and I have never liked the Kluson style tuners. If I were shopping (and well, I kinda am), I'd be looking for something post-2012 with Phase 3 tuners and post-57/08 pickups.

Hell yes! I figured I'd let the dust settle before I invited myself over! :D

Probably not a bad idea, dust will make your pots scratchy.

I spotted this bad boy at Righteous Guitars yesterday. They have a couple of black ones, too. Not that I'm trying to enable or anything...

gRTAGsB.jpg

Enable away! I'm looking for Gold, VY, Amber, or... White (of course).

Back