Ok Les, it's time!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

No more excuses. Here is all you need to get started.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/technique/five-eighties-metal-riffs-for-beginners

And yes, I KNOW he's playing the Lynch riff wrong, but I'll show you how to do it correctly.

Ok boys, in a few weeks we should be ready to start on the "Old Guys Metal Album." I'll call the guy from MTV and tell him we're back on for the weekly "That Old Guys Metal Show" production. Boy am I excited. Going to get my hair done now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Les, we'll be doing Still Of The Night for our Whitesnake selection. I have two things to take care of before filming. 1) brushing up on the solo, which I haven't played in a while, 2) finding a younger Tawny Kataen look-alike. Maybe your son could help us out on that one. If he can get Margot Robbie I'd actually be willing to do without a redhead. Just this once. ;)

Les, we'll be doing Still Of The Night for our Whitesnake selection. I have two things to take care of before filming. 1) brushing up on the solo, which I haven't played in a while, 2) finding a younger Tawny Kataen look-alike. Maybe your son could help us out on that one. If he can get Margot Robbie I'd actually be willing to do without a redhead. Just this once. ;)

He says Margot will probably be Into the role, if you can meet her fee for a picture.

What’s a few million dollars to guys like us, right?

He says Margot will probably be Into the role, if you can meet her fee for a picture.

What’s a few million dollars to guys like us, right?
Les, you were hand selected (no pun intended) for this project for several reasons. When one plans a project of this magnitude, "ability to professionally record, mix and master," and "means to fund the project" are often as important as "monster player in the choose genre" and "Will draw the babes to the shows with his good looks on the album cover."

I know you're used to flying solo, but you're in a band now! Our job is to lend our individual strengths to the project, WHATEVER they may be. Your next job will be to figure out what mine are... or if I even have any. Good luck with that one. Sometimes being in a band is not all its cracked you to be. Baby steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the real creative challenge will be to get Les to break out of his shell. To just HAVE FUN for a change. To laugh, make guitar faces, heck, maybe even get him to headbang a little. And, a fellow forum member who requested anonymity has offered ME a bonus if I can get photos of Les jamming on a leopard skin shredder guitar in one of the videos. Come to think of it, I'd pay extra for that as well. Anybody have one they can lend us?

I think the real creative challenge will be to get Les to break out of his shell. To just HAVE FUN for a change. To laugh, make guitar faces, heck, maybe even get him to headbang a little. And, a fellow forum member who requested anonymity has offered ME a bonus if I can get photos of Les jamming on a leopard skin shredder guitar in one of the videos. Come to think of it, I'd pay extra for that as well. Anybody have one they can lend us?

You can borrow my Majesty. It's not 80s style hairbanger, but it's weird looking!

I have a feeling that Les has a wicked sense of humour.

There may be a serious facade, but I’ve noticed from previous posts, that he is happy to poke fun at himself.

In the right circumstances, spandex has integrity!:D

You guys know I don’t have any fun.

But I did once have a hot pink Jackson with a Floyd in the 80s.

I sincerely hope that counts for something. :)

Les is more like great michael mckean, not his spinal tap role but the high brow intelligence of the better call saul character he played, minus the phobia of course

Im still blown away the same actor did both, and never made the connection myself

Anyways les's kid's a rockstar, reckon he had years of that blasting in the house ;)

Back