OD pedal with different voicings

This isn't actually correct. In a sense, it is, you do get a particular "setting" of that amp that's being profiled. That recorded amp, that is. Once you chose a profile you can change that "one setting" however you like. You're using that profile as a starting point and can dial in anything from EQ settings, gain, master volume, add/remove pedals. etc. Heck you can even set the voltage sag. Once you've done all that, you can save that as a new profile.
I will of course to defer to the honorable mr. bodia, as I do not have a Kemper, that's just how it was explained to me with someone with a Kemper. I will have to pay that person a scolding...

Last edited:
Hughes and Kettner Tube Man is everything you are looking for I believe. They just recently quit making them. Easily found on the used market. Top notch components. It has been unchanged for years and a great seller. Surprised they quit making them. You need to check them out. Two models, the tube man and the tube factor, I believe is the other.

Last edited:
Oh, I play through it almost everyday. I just found a couple of profiles I dig, and haven't wandered much further. Typical for me, underutilized.

hey no sin in that. The AmpliFire has a bunch of good models, but it's been over a month since I had anything on but the 5150 and Cornford. I could live on those two amps for almost anything and be happy.

I forgot that I didn't list one of my "must have" pedals. The SHO. I have a clone I built. There is a reason people pay almost $200 for a real one when it's $3 worth of parts, and even in a nice case it's $20 worth. The only knob it has is not a "level" or "gain" knob, it's a bias knob that obviously changes the bias of the transistor. YES, the scratchy sound is LOUD if you turn it while your amp is on! But what it does to the sound, but clean and gain channels, is really cool. The one weakness this pedal has is rolling the volume knob off on your guitar. Because of what this pedal does, it gets noisy when you do that. So if you want to roll it down, step on the pedal and turn it off first!

What it does is sort of magic though. Really adds some zing to clean and gain tones. In fact (confession) I had taken this off my board a few weeks before I got my Archon and had never put it back on. Last night, I picked it up and said "what the heck have I been doing? I haven't even tried this with the Archon yet!" I plugged in in and HOLY CRAP again.... IF the Archon is not "mean" enough for you and you want more snarl and sizzle, just turn on the SHO. Even if you think your Boogie's sound good now, just turn on the SHO! Even if you already use another OD pedal, just put the SHO in front of it and it will make it even better. I built one SHOCD. Inside one box, SHO>OCD circuit. It was great! The two make a killer pedal setup together and I still use my SHO clone > my Fulltone OCD. So it works great with other pedals as well.

If you play either, you need one of these! (For that matter, it kills with the Custom 50 and I can't imagine in not working with the HX/DA, MDT, DGT or whatever. The problem again, the real ones are a lot of money for a VERY simple boost pedal. I owe a few people here favors so maybe I should buy a couple decent looking powder coated cases and make a couple for my boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot that I didn't list one of my "must have" pedals. The SHO. I have a clone I built. There is a reason people pay almost $200 for a real one when it's $3 worth of parts, and even in a nice case it's $20 worth. The only knob it has is not a "level" or "gain" knob, it's a bias knob that obviously changes the bias of the transistor. YES, the scratchy sound is LOUD if you turn it while your amp is on! But what it does to the sound, but clean and gain channels, is really cool. The one weakness this pedal has is rolling the volume knob off on your guitar. Because of what this pedal does, it gets noisy when you do that. So if you want to roll it down, step on the pedal and turn it off first!

What it does is sort of magic though. Really adds some zing to clean and gain tones. In fact (confession) I had taken this off my board a few weeks before I got my Archon and had never put it back on. Last night, I picked it up and said "what the heck have I been doing? I haven't even tried this with the Archon yet!" I plugged in in and HOLY CRAP again.... IF the Archon is not "mean" enough for you and you want more snarl and sizzle, just turn on the SHO. Even if you think your Boogie's sound good now, just turn on the SHO! Even if you already use another OD pedal, just put the SHO in front of it and it will make it even better. I built one SHOCD. Inside one box, SHO>OCD circuit. It was great! The two make a killer pedal setup together and I still use my SHO clone > my Fulltone OCD. So it works great with other pedals as well.

If you play either, you need one of these! (For that matter, it kills with the Custom 50 and I can't imagine in not working with the HX/DA, MDT, DGT or whatever. The problem again, the real ones are a lot of money for a VERY simple boost pedal. I owe a few people here favors so maybe I should buy a couple decent looking powder coated cases and make a couple for my boys.

Wow! Did a bit of research on youtube and google. That seems like quite a beast. Can't believe I had never heard of it before. Building one seems like a nice wee project. Potentially not too complicated...

Man, you were first in line, but they don't work well with a Kemper! :p

Actually, that sounds like a good idea. I haven't done any pedals in a while. Let me see if I can source a nice drilled and powder coated case and the parts from the same place so shipping doesn't kill me and maybe I can whip a few of these up.

Man, you were first in line, but they don't work well with a Kemper! :p

Actually, that sounds like a good idea. I haven't done any pedals in a while. Let me see if I can source a nice drilled and powder coated case and the parts from the same place so shipping doesn't kill me and maybe I can whip a few of these up.

Bet it would sound cool through the DG30, and you seem to love it in the Archon, so there's always that! BTW, dig the Timmy and the Gain Changer. The Gain Changer wins, while the Timmy is a close second.

Another OD I'd like to check out is the low gain Free The Tone Red Jasper.

I usually set my OCD to pretty low gain relative to how high gain it can get when cranked, but there isn't a wide range of low gain before the pedal gets too gainy for what I want to make happen.

From the clips I've heard, this thing has a pretty wide sweep of light grit available. Anyway, I think it might be worth my checking out.

Bet it would sound cool through the DG30, and you seem to love it in the Archon, so there's always that! BTW, dig the Timmy and the Gain Changer. The Gain Changer wins, while the Timmy is a close second.
I'll catch you on the side to give you some of my favorite settings.

Back