Obey Me!

Uh huh, and see my reply to your statement about riding in the tardis when the correct usage for a vessel, including a space ship, is "on."

I did some research and found that Les is correct.

Proof positive. *****EXPLICIT******

(If you can't trust them, who can you trust?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find a chain is only as strong as its weakest link (hence, in my case, it's the operator of said chain). So if your weakest link is the amp, then a better/more appropriate amp will cure what ails you. If your weakest link is the guitar, then a better guitar will sort you out. I have a friend who can really play, so I always check stuff out with him, because when I start overthinking things, hearing it in his hands always reassures me that whatever it is I want, 90% of the time I got, I just have to get better at playing.

Except those freaggin' monster 4x10 combo amps, those are stayin' put.

I find a chain is only as strong as its weakest link (hence, in my case, it's the operator of said chain). So if your weakest link is the amp, then a better/more appropriate amp will cure what ails you. If your weakest link is the guitar, then a better guitar will sort you out

This is so true!

Uh huh, and see my reply to your statement about riding in the tardis when the correct usage for a vessel, including a space ship, is "on."

It may be accepted usage, but if you ride on a plane, you'll arrive at your destination looking like this:

timthumb.php

"Oh boy...this is gonna be great" ( think Flounder in Animal House) I have always loved beautifully made guitars, but really didn't give that much thought to amps...until NOW!!! I think we talked at dinner at the Hard Rock...I have always had a Jazz Chorus, as I think they give the closest sound the pure output of a guitar...clean. Until a cohort sold me his Mini Z....ok, tubes are pretty cool. But I still love comparing different effects through the JC, Anyway, guitars win with me!!! (Until I get a nice BIG tube amp!!)

"Oh boy...this is gonna be great" ( think Flounder in Animal House) I have always loved beautifully made guitars, but really didn't give that much thought to amps...until NOW!!! I think we talked at dinner at the Hard Rock...I have always had a Jazz Chorus, as I think they give the closest sound the pure output of a guitar...clean. Until a cohort sold me his Mini Z....ok, tubes are pretty cool. But I still love comparing different effects through the JC, Anyway, guitars win with me!!! (Until I get a nice BIG tube amp!!)

Do I have to talk you into this Good Big Amp thing, or can I count on you to Just Do It?

Nice. I like'em tubes AND clean tones, so I have my master all the way up on my MDT, and my gain barely off the bottom of its range -- it's pretty sweet. I will have to check out one of these Jazz Choruses.

Me also, but back to the sage op question
right now I'm jonesing for a Mark v 25 and the excitement is building up
but once this is taken care of I'm sure I'll be lusting excitedly for a SC. :beer:

right now I'm jonesing for a Mark v 25 and the excitement is building up

I had the bigger Mark V and really loved it, great amp, though I have a thing for PRS single channel amps these days. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

If it were me (and I realize I might be alone in this) I'd get the bigger one simply because it can be switched down to as low as 10 watts, so it will play very quietly, which is great, but it can also sound like an 85 watt amp when you need that, too.

Of course, if you never, ever play out with a band, I totally get going with the smaller one.

Back