NUGDs

Tramp

To and Fro, Mostly Fro
Several of you were kind enough to help me out with gig bag suggestions for my rapidly expanding (by my measure) collection of PRS guitars. It occurs to me that I have not shared pics of these. Here’s the most recent acquisition: a 2014 Wood Library DGT with a Korina neck, Artist package and dark Brazilian board, from a Wilcutt’s run. This one has a couple of small battle scars but is a righteous player by any measure!

6YagnRI.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks dmatthews!

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’ve owned double HB solid-body guitars by some of the best luthiers going: Gustavsson, McInturff, Grosh, Anderson, and of course Gibson. These three are as good as any of them and are all that remain in the stable.

Thanks dmatthews!

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’ve owned double HB solid-body guitars by some of the best luthiers going: Gustavsson, McInturff, Grosh, Anderson, and of course Gibson. These three are as good as any of them and are all that remain in the stable.
You're welcome sir!
Name's Dave BTW...
You have chosen very well indeed!

Thanks, all! I’d love to branch out to something in the red spectrum, but you can get a good sense from these of what floats my boat: subtle, regular flame or quilt, nice ‘cross grain’ (for lack of a better way to describe it), and classic colors. One obvious family resemblance with these three models: nice chunky necks (though I’d have the Pattern Vintage carve on every guitar if I could!)

In my observation the difference between a 10 top, artist grade, and private stock is kind of subjective. A 10 top means it is fully figured across the entire top with no dead spots and the rest is up to what someone thinks is a more or less attractive figure. It's kind of like a Miss Universe contest, they're all attractive but which ones are the most attractive depends on who you ask.

That being said, all 3 of those are pretty sweet :)

Here’s my second acquisition: a 2014 Private Stock Santana Retro. Probably the chunkiest neck of the three. Amazing axe all around!

HtPgC9z.jpg

fBkeQzV.jpg

0eUBQVV.jpg

OK...I admit: I forgot my name just by looking at your Santana..

Congratulations!
One of the best guitars around.

Back