NSE277D

John Beef

Opaque
Bought one of the Sweetwater limited run flat black finished SE277s. They have (or had) pretty much every available SE in this finish with the extra neck binding. I was sort of on the fence about the SE277 until I saw this one, and bought it right away.

The finish is super smooth... I have the urge to write on it in chalk.
biggrin.png
It sounds really good. The 85/15S pickups, at least so far, leave nothing to be desired. Without a proper band practice demo session, I hate to say this, but I could very well leave it stock.

m4iSXIN.jpg

Sadly our drummer was ill this weekend with a cold, so we didn't have a proper band practice, but my wife and I ran through several songs and worked on some new stuff and I am much happier with this baritone than the partscaster with the conversion neck I've been running the last couple years. If the USA 85/15 pickups are better than the Korean versions, I might just have to try to find a set of 85/15s for my Core Custom 22, because these 85/15S pickups do everything I need them to do. I'm going to put strap locks on it, and I'll probably add resistors to the coil split circuits at some point (ala USA split circuits), but otherwise, it's bangin'.

Back