NSD

This is one beautiful looking guitar. My experience is P90s almost always sound a little harsh to me but they can be fantastic with some overdrive. Enjoy!

This is one beautiful looking guitar. My experience is P90s almost always sound a little harsh to me but they can be fantastic with some overdrive. Enjoy!

These are pretty smooth, with a nice vintage roundness, especially with the volume rolled back just a touch. Of course, you can crank them up with some overdrive, and that's great, too!

So today I got the DG30 Custom amp all dialed in with the Soapy, and it is just plain magic.

What a fantastic guitar! I'll cut some tracks with it over the weekend. I'm absolutely floored.

Can't wait to hear the demos! Can we request both clean and over-driven on the neck pick-up? Do you take requests? :)

Can't wait to hear the demos! Can we request both clean and over-driven on the neck pick-up? Do you take requests? :)

Actually, I do more like original short pieces of music with drums, bass, keys, etc., plus guitar. Sometimes I get to that kind of thing, sometimes not. The piece usually dictates the choices.

So it'll take me a while to get around to everything, most likely. Be patient, though, I do lots of demos over the course of a few months.

This guitar is so sweet...that's the word I keep coming back to!

The neck and fretboard fit the hand so well, it's so easy to play, and it sounds so freakin' good. I really love it.

So today I got the DG30 Custom amp all dialed in with the Soapy, and it is just plain magic.

What a fantastic guitar! I'll cut some tracks with it over the weekend. I'm absolutely floored.
I figured that would be a great match. Bet the H or Custom would as well. And of course the HX/DA should be. Probably just diffferent flavors of incredible.

I figured that would be a great match. Bet the H or Custom would as well. And of course the HX/DA should be. Probably just diffferent flavors of incredible.

The H or Custom would be super-nice; the guitar sounds extremely good with the clean channel on the Lone Star. And yeah, the HXDA pretty much sounds good with everything.

But the DG30 goes with this guitar like peanut butter goes with jelly.

It's the weekend...
:D

I cut a track with it using the DG30, too. ;)

Only it was for another song based on that HXDA demo, where I had already cut tracks with the McCarty and HXDA. So it's doubling the earlier track, and was EQ'd at the amp and the pedal to tuck into the mix sonically and not stick out.

Probably isn't worth much as a guitar demo.

Also, there aren't any vocals on the song yet. So it's kind of not quite a song. Happy to post it up, though if anyone's interested.

These are pretty smooth, with a nice vintage roundness, especially with the volume rolled back just a touch. Of course, you can crank them up with some overdrive, and that's great, too!

That is pretty much how I begin to dial in what I am hoping for with all of my guitars. I usually go for a warm jazzy clean tone but on occasion I do reach for the overdrive and have a mad five minutes, when nobody is looking ☺

Here's a kinda bluesy/jazzy demo thing I whipped up for grins tonight with the Soapbar. A one minute jam. Rhythm guitar = neck pickup, lead guitar = bridge pickup.

Amp is PRS DG30, run on "edge of grit." Lead was tracked with same amp settings but with an Xotic BB pedal. There's a little delay I ran into the front of the amp on both tracks. The rhythm track has a subtle chorusing effect as well.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/messy-3

Last edited:
Here's a kinda bluesy/jazzy demo thing I whipped up for grins tonight with the Soapbar. A one minute jam. Rhythm guitar = neck pickup, lead guitar = bridge pickup.

Amp is PRS DG30, run on "edge of grit." Lead was tracked with same amp settings but with an Xotic BB pedal. There's a little delay I ran into the front of the amp on both tracks. The rhythm track has a subtle chorusing effect as well.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/messy
Just got home from a gig and listening on my phone while eating frozen pizza. Sounds awesome even on the phone. Can't wait to listen on real speakers tomorrow!

They sound really sweet and warm Les, how do you describe 60 cycle hum with theses vintage "tweaked" P90's?

Thanks, all! I love this guitar. It does everything I'd hoped it would do, and more.

They sound really sweet and warm Les, how do you describe 60 cycle hum with theses vintage "tweaked" P90's?

G, I rolled the pickup volumes to around 7-8 to get that creamy tone; it can also be crisp and bright with the guitar volume at 10.

The hum is as you'd expect with P-90s -- it can get pretty loud near light dimmers, transformers, etc, so you face in the direction that minimizes noise. But I cut these tracks sitting in front of my computer monitor, and simply turned my chair a little; there's very little noise in the recording.

Back