Not much Love for \m/ Metal Pickups?

Any of you guys using these with Dgt switching? I want to put mine in my dc245 private stock with Dgt controls. The 59/09s in there now have a braided wire and one long white wire coming from the pickup. The \m/ pickups I have have a long grey casing with white/red/black wires inside. Will these work? I am having a hard time mentally matching up what needs to be done.
Should be fine. I'd have to double check but I think PRS bridge pickup is black positive, white ground, red tap. I feel the neck pickup the black might be ground and white positive. Don't quote me on that just yet. I have a \m/ neck pickup in a box brand new at home that I can look at.

My honest opinion: The metal pickups are the best pickups PRS has ever created. I'm in love with mine. If you want some tonal bliss, do the opposite of what you might feel compelled to do with these pickups. Put the gain way down. It's a pickup that literally does everything. The 85/15s are nice, but they are entirely too limiting. You literally can't play any rock music created post 1980, unless you are using modeling or solid state amps that don't depend on the pickup to drive the pre-amp. So, the 85/15s are kinda girly man pickups. The metal pickups are a mans pickup. When the day comes I do some kind of artist pack or private stock, it will have metal pickups.

My honest opinion: The metal pickups are the best pickups PRS has ever created. I'm in love with mine. If you want some tonal bliss, do the opposite of what you might feel compelled to do with these pickups. Put the gain way down. It's a pickup that literally does everything. The 85/15s are nice, but they are entirely too limiting. You literally can't play any rock music created post 1980, unless you are using modeling or solid state amps that don't depend on the pickup to drive the pre-amp. So, the 85/15s are kinda girly man pickups. The metal pickups are a mans pickup. When the day comes I do some kind of artist pack or private stock, it will have metal pickups.
I agree with your \m/ pickup assessment. They do many things well and are very responsive to amps and volume knob manipulation. They'll drive a cleaner amp hard and respond great to how hard you pick.

Last edited:
WORD......

Kevin

I rarely play my 97 C22 any more since getting three newer PRS. This thread has me just about convinced that I need to drop some \M/ pickups on that guitar. Sounds like it should love the Archon and Boogies

I rarely play my 97 C22 any more since getting three newer PRS. This thread has me just about convinced that I need to drop some \M/ pickups on that guitar. Sounds like it should love the Archon and Boogies

They love the Archon. They've been excellent through that, the two-channel C and a Budda Superdrive 18. Not sure if I've ever played it through the Jim Root Dark Terror or the Mark IV (actually, pretty sure I haven't through the Mark IV).

Back