None More Black

I've been blown away by every model of BK that I've tried. The best way I can describe the sound of these is halfway between active EMG's and the pups in my Les Paul Custom. Super fat bottom end, nice midrange punch, effortless harmonics and when you dial back the volume and/or gain you get great clarity and tone. Think Zakk Wylde in his Pride and Glory days.

Edit:
The black covers were an option, if you check out their website you can get almost anything you want. I've purchased mine from The Music Zoo on the east coast and Chris Campbell from Rockbox on the west.

I never realised the black covers were an option! I've got the Riff Raffs in my SG and the '63 set in my Strat. If I was to change my DGT pickups I would definitely get some a BKP set. I bet your DGT screams with the MM :)

Very nice collection, I remember when you had maybe half those on BaM. That McProtoTrem is amazing looking, I bet its a beast!
That ME you mentioned is slate right? Maybe you could PTC it for a refin and a fretboard replacement :laugh:

Ah, rabidhamster. One of my old pals. Thank you, my friend. It's been a long trip to build up those different models. Thanks for noticing. And remember what Joe Knaggs said at the first Experience. "The smallest fretboard inlays sound the best." I concur.

BlackMoons, I realize this is an old thread but would you please email me? I have a question about one of your CE24s.
Thanks!

Black Guitars, Yes!, very nice collection, here's my blacked out Navarro (hardware next)..

10888759_10155038927040481_4989198489794450005_n.jpg

In honor of black history month, I hereby bump this thread. Post your black beauties!

My old standby. We have an incredible amount of history. Our 10 year anniversary is coming later this year.

WVdA2d7.jpg

To invoke the "history" aspect, here several others I have owned that are now "history". Pretty much all of these are history because the one above has ruined me.

Photobucket SUCKS

Last edited:
So black that I'm almost tempted to turn to the dark side o_O

Uber awesome collection

I dig it! I miss my black singlecut I sold. I will never part with my old Tremonit's. Black is always cool on a guitar IMO. Nice collection mate.

Back