None More Black

BlackMoons

Members were kind enough to respond to my last thread about a PRS I had been chasing for almost 20 years. http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?6106-My-Twenty-Year-Hunt-is-Over

Here's the black PRSi with moons from my collection. It's insanely difficult to photograph all of them together. Maybe I'll just post them individually later in the thread, if anyone wants closeups. Just ask. Thanks in advance for indulging my obsession.

Funky panoramic flyby of table.
blackharem1.jpg

In the below photo, from the top down:
2003 Spruce Hollowbody
2008 DGT
2000 McCarty
1993 McCarty Trem Prototype
1988 CE-24, non-signature headstock
1986 Custom 24, or Standard, or whatever they called them. This is Pearl, the closest I can find to black.
2005 22/12

blackharem2.jpg

Why don't you like black lol

Nice collection and love the black dgt

Very nice!
I spot a few 24 frets there too if I am correct by the smaller spacing between the pickups from the 2nd and 3rd ones from the bottom.

Very nice!
I spot a few 24 frets there too if I am correct by the smaller spacing between the pickups from the 2nd and 3rd ones from the bottom.

True. And I prefer the 22-fret models. You're referring to the CE-24 and the '86, which is essentially a Custom 24. They're both great-playing PRSi and sound really great. I like their historical significance. Unfortunately, I'm thinking of letting the CE-24 go to help fund my next GAS-induced problem.

Love it. Great collections. Black done right is as cool as it gets...and these are done right!

I'm with you! Black with moons is the best.

By the way, only us guitarists would be able to look at your collection and say, wow! What variety. You've got a 12 string, a Standard 24, a CE 24, McTrem Prototype, McCarty, DGT, and Hollowbody. the only one that seems like it might be superfluous would be the regular McCarty, which would look fantastic at my house.

I'm with you! Black with moons is the best.

By the way, only us guitarists would be able to look at your collection and say, wow! What variety. You've got a 12 string, a Standard 24, a CE 24, McTrem Prototype, McCarty, DGT, and Hollowbody. the only one that seems like it might be superfluous would be the regular McCarty, which would look fantastic at my house.

Thats's one of my favorites! Plays deliciously. I'm thinking of doing a PTC run for new pickups on that one. Recommendations?

Back