Nit pick...sorry.

Mike Duncan

DGT Player
Ok, so you do the Signature Club thing and ask for the strings you that you'd like supplied...why can't the DGT strings be one of the choices? I have several unused packs of 11s from my various membershipping joins. I don't use a wound third - so, the strings just sit around until I remember to pick apart the pack for the usable ones.

That said, I received my Sig Club pack today! Pretty cool...except for the strings.

Ok, so you do the Signature Club thing and ask for the strings you that you'd like supplied...why can't the DGT strings be one of the choices? I have several unused packs of 11s from my various membershipping joins. I don't use a wound third - so, the strings just sit around until I remember to pick apart the pack for the usable ones.

That said, I received my Sig Club pack today! Pretty cool...except for the strings.

Mike, what was it that your son used to say? "back to the factory" ;-)

They don't. The available 11 set only has the wound third. The DGT pack is all good and normal....wound third free. Even the 11s feel slinky. As a life long Strat player, the shorter scale length is still a challenge for me. I can't imagine going to 10s on a PRS.

Hey Mike,

You make a valid point so we will be offering DGT strings to Sig Club member in the near future.

It's cool how this forum thing works, aint it!

Hey Mike, You make a valid point so we will be offering DGT strings to Sig Club member in the near future. It's cool how this forum thing works, aint it!

Hey Shawn, I think it stinks that you don't offer a 7 string guitar so that I could request a pack of 7 strings for the sig club! Umm......yeah......
wwub.gif
laugh.gif

The strings seem sorted out, so I'll pick a different nit...

If you renew your Signature Club membership before your expiration date, your new expiration date is now the date you renewed. That is, if you renew a month early, your new expiration date is now a month earlier - the effect is you pay for 12 and get 11 months. The more proactive you are about renewing, the shorter your "year".

I am a member from year one. I signed up at the Experience the first September it was offered. I signed my GF up a year ago in the summer so she could attend the Experience as a member instead of as a guest. While I was on the site, I renewed my own. POOF - I lost 3 months of membership as my expiration date was changed to July.

Then it happened again this year when I renewed us both last month.

A call to the Sullivan group got both of our memberships changed to September expires, but as far as I know, the database and signup/renewal system has not changed...

What is the chance that Sullivan will convert its registration system to allow for a true, static membership signup/expiration date?

I'd also be curios to know whether others have had tins problem.

Back