Nice Review Of JMOD In August Guitarist

So let me get this straight... You were able to justify a new 594 soapy but not the JMOD? I mean, I thought you were an amp man, Les?

I know. It breaks down like this:

I need the project
to raise the $
to pay for the amp
the project justifies.

And then
I'd need the cab
for the amp to amplify
that I needed the project for
to buy the amp
to make the sounds
that the project requires.

Don't even get me started on the fact that
I'd need a new switch box
To switch between the amps
Because the switchbox I have
Would be one outlet short
Requiring a bigger budget
To buy the amp
And buy the cab
And buy the switchbox
To make the tones
That the project needs.

Plus buying more cables
And a bigger studio
To hold the amps
And hold the cabs
That get switched between
To produce the sounds
That the project requires.

I trust this satisfies your curiosity. ;)

Last edited:
WAY too complicated. Let me simplify.

Money - check
Want - check
Room - check
other cabs to use - check
ability to plug cable into amp without a switchbox - check
People here depending on you - check
And let's be honest... you don't want Bodia to have one before you do! It's always more better to be the first one on the block with the newest greatest.
Now, write the freakin check!

"Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy... this is a biggie"

Okay, how about this..

You buy the amp and make a YouTube video. Title it some crazy sh!t like "John Mayer JMOD Dumble Killer" and enlist our boy Tag to come out and play through it. Start a thread at TGP about it, get everybody pissed at you two, and then, Boom! You've got enough views to sell ads on YouTube to pay for it and all your other gear dreams.

Okay, how about this..

You buy the amp and make a YouTube video. Title it some crazy sh!t like "John Mayer JMOD Dumble Killer" and enlist our boy Tag to come out and play through it. Start a thread at TGP about it, get everybody pissed at you two, and then, Boom! You've got enough views to sell ads on YouTube to pay for it and all your other gear dreams.

Brilliant!!!

Freaking GENIUS!!!

I know. It breaks down like this:

I need the project
to raise the $
to pay for the amp
the project justifies.

And then
I'd need the cab
for the amp to amplify
that I needed the project for
to buy the amp
to make the sounds
that the project requires.

Don't even get me started on the fact that
I'd need a new switch box
To switch between the amps
Because the switchbox I have
Would be one outlet short
Requiring a bigger budget
To buy the amp
And buy the cab
And buy the switchbox
To make the tones
That the project needs.

Plus buying more cables
And a bigger studio
To hold the amps
And hold the cabs
That get switched between
To produce the sounds
That the project requires.

I trust this satisfies your curiosity. ;)

I'll buy the switch box from you...it's the Lehle 1 @ 3, right? That'll get you started...:D

Les,

I'm sorry, but this is something that WE need you to do. Most of WE will never own, or even play one of these amps. Many of us will never be able to play with with a $12K private stock guitar. This is where you come in. This is why our fate is in your hands. WE need YOU to buy this amp so that we can vicariously experience the tip of the iceburg that is the jmod.

I rant on daily about the Archon. If I really wanted to blow some of my other guitar buddies away though, I'd need to expertly record it so they could hear just how awesome it is. I'm not set up to do that. You, on the other hand, can buy this amp, record some clips for us, and we, collectively, as your forum brothers, can feel like we at least got a bit of a test drive.

We need you, Les. We need you to buy this amp. We need some clips. Heck, then we may need you to invite a few of us over to your house for a jam session. Maybe have a drawing and 4-5guys spend the weekend there.... I think you can do it.
(See what I did there? Go waaaay toooo far,so the original thing doesn't seem that bad! Use this strategy with your wife!)

This is a biggie..... Billy, Billy, Billy

Last edited by a moderator:
D, you crack me up!

But my friend, you are indeed set up to record your amp, and there are lots of easy, fun ways to do it! If I can do it, you can. There's no magic involved.

I'll do some more listening to JMOD clips. The DG50 may be more in my wheelhouse, but I haven't heard either one in person to know.

You know I"m just having fun with you. Honestly, I'd be shocked beyond belief if someone dropped that kind of coin on an amp without playing it first. (Actually, in this forum, I wouldn't be shocked, but would be again shaking my head, wondering. LOL) Clips can be helpful but at that price range, I need to play it and be blown away. So don't blame you at all there.

So, when is Jack getting one in for you to try?

Back