NGD

Shawn@PRS

yogi
We had a few guitars hanging around the factory that had been used as Rep samples or Magazine Review guitars and management decided they would offer them for sale to employees. There were a lot of killer pieces, including a really sweet ME III with two tappable Narrowfield pickups and a full size 57/08 in the bridge, but the one guitar I really had my eye on was this beautiful JA-15.

This is one of 6 guitars originally built for the 2010 Experience and the hang tag even shows that it was assembled the day before the experience started (9/23/10). After it was on display at EXP, it was sent to various guitar magazines for review . This is so early, it pre-dates Phase III tuners and this one has the Modern Eagle style, Phase II's and 53/10 pickups. Needless to say this is an amazing guitar, it just rings with a sweet woody tone when played acoustically. I haven't yet plugged it in, but the factory will be closed after Christmas so I'll have several days to really put it through it's paces.

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

You guys know how hard it is to take good photos of guitars. I was thinking about getting Marc Quigley on the forum to answer some questions surrounding guitar photography. Marc is the Art Director at PRS and he is responsible for the beautiful photos on our website and the famous Private Stock calendars.

Congrats buddy, I can totally see you sitting off a dock somewhere in Maryland drinking a beer and strumming some songs on that.

Shawn that is a stunner. I guess you're going to get real close with that over the holiday. Enjoy it :congrats:

Very nice indeed - enjoy it!

Any pics of the others that were for sale???

You guys know how hard it is to take good photos of guitars. I was thinking about getting Marc Quigley on the forum to answer some questions surrounding guitar photography. Marc is the Art Director at PRS and he is responsible for the beautiful photos on our website and the famous Private Stock calendars.

That would be awesome! I have a DSLR and no clue how to use it, a few tips of the trade would really be appreciated!

Also...what a stunner! Congrats on that =D

That would be awesome! I have a DSLR and no clue how to use it, a few tips of the trade would really be appreciated!

Also...what a stunner! Congrats on that =D

Lighting is key! You don't realize it but most great images have a lot of studio lights involved! haha

Studio-Photography-3.jpg

Congrats! Cool guitar!

I have had JA-15 GAS ever since I saw Kurt Allison (Jason Aldean's Lead Guitarist) rock an Antique White one at the CMA Awards this year! ;)

Congrats! Cool guitar!

I have had JA-15 GAS ever since I saw Kurt Allison (Jason Aldean's Lead Guitarist) rock an Antique White one at the CMA Awards this year! ;)

Ut oh, does Todd know that someone else is using a white JA? hahah

Back