NGD

BWV548

Custom Title
Behaving a bit like an addict. 3rd new PRS in 2 months. First one felt like a dream in my hands. Couldn't resist filling the timbral spectrum with two other instruments (408 & S2 SH being the others)

lightbox

flicker links not working. Or perhaps I'm blocked as a new user with so few posts.
Regardless, should you want to see it...

https://flic.kr/p/VcMT2u

https://flic.kr/p/VcMUbU

Last edited:
Thanks and thank you vchizzle for sorting out my flickr nonsense.
It is a bloody beautiful instrument indeed. It's interesting (very mildly) about these PRS instruments...
I'm an amateur musician, not a pro, tho I do have a reasonable bit of formal training. Guitar has always been my first instrument and the one I'm most proficient on. Still, I've always self defined as a composer & conductor (again amateur) more than a guitarist. I think part of the reason has been that, while I love the instrument, every guitar I've owned, regardless of quality was always something I felt like I was fighting. I fully concede that a big part of that is down to my own technical limitations. However, these PRS instruments are the first guitars I've played that truly felt right in my hands. Though technical limitations still, and always will, exist, with these guitars I feel like I can work with them, through issues (musical and technical). And that feeling is bloody great and relieving
I'm excited to try to start tacking the D minor Cello Suite (BWV 1008) on all three. So much more well suited to those pieces than nylon stringed instruments, IMO. Also looking forward to my average attempts at trying to play like John Scofield on them - may push me a bit further. Have to aim high!

Last edited:
I think part of the reason has been that, while I love the instrument, every guitar I've owned, regardless of quality was always something I felt like I was fighting. I fully concede that a big part of that is down to my own technical limitations. However, these PRS instruments are the first guitars I've played that truly felt right in my hands.

This very much describes my experience to a tee. The 594 just excels at putting a smile on your face. She'll treat you quite well, enjoy!

You got a very beautiful one, the top, color and model I'm dreaming about.
Congrats, enjoy it in good health.

That is a very nice axe, indeed! And glad you have discovered (like all of us here) that PRS guitars just feel...right...somehow better.

Nice!!

And I know the feeling about behaving like an addict....I bought 3 new to me PRSi within the first 5 months of this year (the 2 CE's and the McCarty in my sig)!! Also got the acoustic for my birthday a few days before I bought the McCarty....

Back