NGD

clcwarlock

I started looking in January of this year to find my next perfect guitar. I tried different neck carves, different models NF3,SAS,DC3,Stripped 58, Mira, P22, Studio, Tremonti, Les Paul R9, Evh Wolfgang classic etc. I compared all of these guitars thinking which would be the best complement for my custom 24. I like the NF3 and may still pick one up later. Sometime in August the P24 was released and I was hooked without queston. It only took me a couple of days to realize thats what I wanted fo sure. So I placed the order with Eric at Willcutt's. I now will show pics from Eric of my P24 that finally came in. I should be getting it next week then I will post some better photos. :)

1684C4A9-8672-468E-8E88-10A29E17D244-11605-000010AEE353DD36_zps78cb0169.jpg

E9C5150A-6A88-4FD3-8DB3-DEC2C2843374-11605-000010AEF2C2BA4D_zps4634e05b.jpg

5E89C1E8-B34C-4CA1-ACF3-D22563C69188-11605-000010AEEC01C02F_zps045f74f6.jpg

NICE
I'm not so into green guitars (or green anything) but I like it
The fact its a P24 too makes me more than a bit jealous :top:

NICE
I'm not so into green guitars (or green anything) but I like it
The fact its a P24 too makes me more than a bit jealous :top:

Seems like with the green finishes, people love 'em or hate 'em... personally, I think they look pretty good. But it's all preference of course, nothing against anyone that doesn't care for them! Just my observation. Anyways, I really dig the burst on this one, and the natural back is KILLER too, I love that. It looks especially cool where the natural mahogany shows on the scoop on the lower cutout. Congrats clcwarlock, I'm sure you'll love it!

I dig Eriza in all it's variations. And the wide flame on that top is ridiculous. Congrats!

Great looker. Agree the natural back is a winner on the greens.

In the olden days whale blue had natural backs and similarly looked outstanding.

Congrats on your search and score!

Absolutely stunning!!! I have been digging the variations on the greens that I see coming out of Maryland these days.

So the P24 arrived yesterday and when I got home from work my 5 year old son Levi came running up to me and said "The guitar is here, The guitar is here" he was so excited, so we unboxed it. When we opened the case we both smelled that beautiful smell of wood. After the pictures, while holding the the guitar upright while the guitar was sitting in its case, I strummed a chord,and it rang and rang and rang and rang. Immediately, I knew this was special and was going to be a great sounding guitar. We took some pictures then we headed downstairs. First impressions plugged into an amp, the 53/10 pickups are exactly what I expected, the sound of a 57/08 but warmer. The split coil sounds are really fat. I will need to do some eq adjustments cause my neck pickup is a little boomy compared to the 57/08 but no big deal. The unbelieveable part is that I didnt even care about the Piezo at this point. I then turned on the piezo and noodled a little and it sounds good but it will sound much better using the direct out of the Piezo jack. Running in mix/mag mode you dont get the full range of sound from the Piezo due to the guitar amp limitations. I am going to test the piezo out tonight through my POD XT with the clean settings until I get a proper acoustic amplifier.

I get some SERIOUS GAS everytime I see these Green Bursts with natural backs!
And here I thought my charcoal black P22 would keep me satisfied for a long time to come :wink:

Back