NGD Wood Library 594 BRW

Benster

Hi everyone, first post here and NGD!
Just got this one after a long one-year wait!

Here is my Wood Library 594 with a BRW fingerboard, green ripple abalone birds, in faded McCarty burst with natural back.

I had the privilege of picking out my own top, so i chose a 50's looking Eastern curly maple with mineral streaks.

Such a loud and resonant guitar that rings like a bell! Pretty much the best PRS I've ever played.

fUAgJ7q.jpg

EEppHo7.jpg

ikeqBJc.jpg

rlJ7GIL.jpg

holy sh@t man. this is possibly my favorite non-PS 594 I've seen in a while. I'm very jealous!

Super classy. Reminds me a lot of my PS 594 I sold (honestly I don’t know WTH I’m thinking sometimes). Awesome guitar...more than worth the wait. Enjoy it for a long long time!

I've been thinking about this all day since you posted. Natural back DC 594 with a brazzy board.

I'm so jealous

I'm also really confused about the 5 slot two piece bridge. Shawn had told us before that it was only in use in the first few 594's. But yours is very new right? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when this bridge gets put on a 594

I'm also really confused about the 5 slot two piece bridge. Shawn had told us before that it was only in use in the first few 594's. But yours is very new right? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when this bridge gets put on a 594

IIRC it was the 6 slot tailpiece that was used early on and then superseded fairly quickly. I remember Shawn posting a "what's different about this?" picture of an SC58 when they switched (and of course I didn't see the difference without help). I think there are far more 5 slot than 6 slot tailpieces out there now.

Last edited:
IIRC it was the 6 slot tailpiece that was used early on and then superseded fairly quickly. I remember Shawn posting a "what's different about this?" picture of an SC58 when they switched (and of course I didn't see the difference without help). I think there are far more 5 slot than 6 slot tailpieces out there now.

Gotcha. Yeah I was the one who noticed it in this thread https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/2-piece-bridge-and-tail-was-something-changed.26419/ but I remembered incorrectly.

Back