NGD: Whoa Black Betty Santana-lam!

giphy.gif

Looks sweet! I love the p/u mismatch! A pair of lipstick humbuckers would be cool, too! Can't wait to touch it! I guess letting Boogie play it at Santana-Fest is cool. He'll still be at the kids table, though.

I need to dig into my baritone soul sister and find out about that maple cap. It was a Sweetwater limited run and I bought it direct from them, and the guy there told me all the specs were the same aside from the binding.

It's hard to believe I've had the baritone for like 6 months and haven't even opened up the control cavity.

I need to dig into my baritone soul sister and find out about that maple cap. It was a Sweetwater limited run and I bought it direct from them, and the guy there told me all the specs were the same aside from the binding.

It's hard to believe I've had the baritone for like 6 months and haven't even opened up the control cavity.

Yeah, well they did a pretty good job on the new pickups so I can understand why you haven’t opened it up yet.

It’s just something Bodia, vein buster, and I have been talking about. It’ll be in Chicago for sure though.

I’m a big fan of Chicago and guitars. (Hint, hint). I might have a Santana something or other to contribute.

Nothing quite like a party crasher. :oops:

You did mention Boogie. Has he been expelled?

I’m a big fan of Chicago and guitars. (Hint, hint). I might have a Santana something or other to contribute.

Do you want him expelled?

Okay, if you skipped the other two posts and just wanna get down to pictures, here:

Bad Xmas tree because I was still working on the setup.
YxhHoQW.jpg

dJNUKSG.jpg

VHLxAgQ.jpg

nbG7h43.jpg

wwueceh.jpg

I'm kinda into the zebra neck pickup, it makes it look kinda 70/80's in a Dean/Hamer/Norlin LPC kinda way. Plus, it looks like a dirty rock-n-roll machine. The pictures show the contrast between the creme pickup and white binding to be pretty obvious but IRL it's not so noticeable. I imagine after a few years the binding will yellow a bit and be more matchy-matchy.
Result!!!
I can practically see spacetime warping around it

You wouldn’t be crashing, we’d be honored to have you join us.

IDK about boogie, I hear he’s working overtime to buy a Santana though.

Okay, if you skipped the other two posts and just wanna get down to pictures, here:

Bad Xmas tree because I was still working on the setup.
YxhHoQW.jpg

dJNUKSG.jpg

VHLxAgQ.jpg

nbG7h43.jpg

wwueceh.jpg

I'm kinda into the zebra neck pickup, it makes it look kinda 70/80's in a Dean/Hamer/Norlin LPC kinda way. Plus, it looks like a dirty rock-n-roll machine. The pictures show the contrast between the creme pickup and white binding to be pretty obvious but IRL it's not so noticeable. I imagine after a few years the binding will yellow a bit and be more matchy-matchy.

YAAAASSSS! THAT is what I'm talking about! I Really dig the upgrades, the finish and well, all of it! It looks angry...I love it man!

Last edited:

It’s all a passive-aggressive (mostly dismissive sarcasm) ploy to get me to acquire the only cost of admission...a Santana. Little did I know how tough it was to chase down something I wouldn’t disrespect! But between other projects in motion and a self-imposed limit, this Santana thing has been slow coming. :oops: Peer pressure is a biach!

Social failures aside, that carbonite Santana is built for speed! Sounds like you need some expensive pickups to warm it up. I really like it!:cool:

Back